• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junior’s men’s shop Philadelphia

adschus

Reaction score
Glenn made a trip to DC September for MTM fittings. I got measured for a sportcoat and a few shirts. For the sportcoat, I picked a Moon Shetland tweed in a nice green. Shirts were mix of OCBDs and spread collared shirts.

I also picked up this amazing chunky turtleneck:

Glenn came back this week for final fitting, and the sportcoat and shirts turned out great. Sportcoat will go back to Philly with Glenn for surgeon cuffs (he wanted to wait on the first order to ensure we had the sleeves right before cutting holes)

I'll try to get some fit pics, when I receive the final product back from Glenn.

Overall I would echo what's already been stated, Glenn is great to chat with, low key, methodical, and has a great eye (fabrics, colors, patterns etc) I would recommend.

Anyone have fit pics of tailoring from Juniors?

Excited to see your jacket when it’s finished. I’m definitely in need of a tweed coat.

I have a suit and a jacket from Juniors. I’ll post some photos here. The suit is super cool - a dusty blue poplin suit. It’s perfect for summer and I’ll wear the jacket around the house as another layer. The jacket is the brown one I mention above.

I’ve bought prob a dozen, maybe more, shirts, three pairs of Alden’s, and sweaters. I feel the trousers are exceptional value especially the canvas ones. Made in USA and in every color you could want.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have a couple of shirts and a pair of RTW trousers and love them…interested to see/hear more about your jacket? I know it’s early, but how did it feel compared to your Armoury pieces?

The fit was very similar to the Armoury Model 3, Quarter lined, Patch pockets. nice coin pocket inside the right patch pocket.
I did notice the breast pocket was lower on Juniors than on RJ pieces. But not bad looking at all, Just lower.
Hard to say more until I get it back from tailoring and wear it once or twice.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit was very similar to the Armoury Model 3, Quarter lined, Patch pockets. nice coin pocket inside the right patch pocket.
I did notice the breast pocket was lower on Juniors than on RJ pieces. But not bad looking at all, Just lower.
Hard to say more until I get it back from tailoring and wear it once or twice.

looking forward to hearing your report, I have a length to two set aside for a jacket with Glenn!

Octobab

Reaction score
I've been following Juniors since I think they popped up on Chase Winnaher's blog, great to see a thread here now

I love the styling and have been strongly considering come of the more casual trousers, but I'm a touch worried that what I'm really attracted to is just Glen's personal style rather than the things themselves - if anybody has any pics, they'd be very welcome

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been following Juniors since I think they popped up on Chase Winnaher's blog, great to see a thread here now

I love the styling and have been strongly considering come of the more casual trousers, but I'm a touch worried that what I'm really attracted to is just Glen's personal style rather than the things themselves - if anybody has any pics, they'd be very welcome

I am glad this thread is getting some traction too.

I'll try to snag some pics when the sport coat returns form tailoring.... fair warning, my photo skills are pretty lacking....

Interesting point you make. I would say that what your getting when you get products from Juniors is a piece of Glenn's personal style, (just like when you get a product from The Armoury, you are really getting a piece of Mark Cho's style). The challenge is to see if that style fits in with your personal aesthetic.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting point you make. I would say that what your getting when you get products from Juniors is a piece of Glenn's personal style, (just like when you get a product from The Armoury, you are really getting a piece of Mark Cho's style). The challenge is to see if that style fits in with your personal aesthetic.

Agreed, I've talked about this before but when I get something custom I often rationalize the price premium by including the aesthetic/eye of the person as well.

I think that Juniors value proposition is (in no particular order):
- Glenn's style and eye
- MiUSA (the benefit of which has become a bit more apparent with supply chain breakdowns and a lack of trunk shows)
- a range of well made 'classics' which, with the demise of BB, are not necessarily readily available anymore outside of specialty stores

alkydrinker

Reaction score
I really like the idea of the canvas trousers they offer, but was disappointed by the rise measurement. For a 36” waist the rise is listed under 11”. Weird bc the description says “proper rise” and they look more high rise on the model. Wondering if there is any chance the measurements in the description are not correct?

adschus

Reaction score
Agreed, I've talked about this before but when I get something custom I often rationalize the price premium by including the aesthetic/eye of the person as well.

I think that Juniors value proposition is (in no particular order):
- Glenn's style and eye
- MiUSA (the benefit of which has become a bit more apparent with supply chain breakdowns and a lack of trunk shows)
- a range of well made 'classics' which, with the demise of BB, are not necessarily readily available anymore outside of specialty stores

well said and to add…

- Glenn’s willingness to frequently share his style in a variety of settings. Notice too it’s Glenn in the IG posts and not someone else. Costs aside, would be easy to hire a model. I think this choice gives strong credence to the clothing choices he decides to sell.
- high level of customer service. I don’t take his great communication, honesty (even with bad news), patience with me wanting to see different swatches etc for granted.

adschus

Reaction score
Here’s the brown M&E jacket that I mentioned earlier in this thread styled with Drakes light blue OCBD and Sid olive canvas sport trousers. I’m an off the rack 42L.
5414CC91-F6DC-47D7-967D-29EB106891A9.jpeg

here’s a detail shot of the jacket sleeve. The tan/dark gold threading is super cool imo

F1C70BB2-6B5E-49DE-AC56-739E759FC689.jpeg

User123456789

Reaction score
Anyone try an OCBD from Glenn, and willing to comment on how much they like it?

In an ongoing search for something that looks and feels like Mercer and Sons, but with more flexible sizing.

adschus

Reaction score
Anyone try an OCBD from Glenn, and willing to comment on how much they like it?

In an ongoing search for something that looks and feels like Mercer and Sons, but with more flexible sizing.

great quality. It’s MTM so you can get a dialed in fit. I prefer unlined collar and cuffs for more authenticity. Fabrics are the usual plus has some others such as brown uni, dark green uni, and reverse stripe. Made in USA too. Only negative is that shirts take 4-6 weeks depending on the time of year. But the patience will be paid off

User123456789

Reaction score
great quality. It’s MTM so you can get a dialed in fit. I prefer unlined collar and cuffs for more authenticity. Fabrics are the usual plus has some others such as brown uni, dark green uni, and reverse stripe. Made in USA too. Only negative is that shirts take 4-6 weeks depending on the time of year. But the patience will be paid off

Thanks for the reply.

Is the fabric good and heavy? For comparison, I have an oxford from Ratio that I think is close to perfect, but just wish the fabric was a little heavier/sturdier (Ratio has similar, if not the same fabric as Brooks Brothers offerings as of ~2019). Proper Cloth's fabric (the one with the upcharge) is better but I can't get unlined collar with them.

Last edited:

Polo Collar

Reaction score
Here’s the brown M&E jacket that I mentioned earlier in this thread styled with Drakes light blue OCBD and Sid olive canvas sport trousers. I’m an off the rack 42L. View attachment 1716836

here’s a detail shot of the jacket sleeve. The tan/dark gold threading is super cool imo

View attachment 1716840
Seems lean towards "contemporary classics" instead of American trad to me

adschus

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Is the fabric good and heavy? For comparison, I have an oxford from Ratio that I think is close to perfect, but just wish the fabric was a little heavier/sturdier (Ratio has similar, if not the same fabric as Brooks Brothers offerings as of ~2019). Proper Cloth's fabric (the one with the upcharge) is better but I can't get unlined collar with them.

it seems heavy to me but to be sure, I’d message Glenn. He can likely tell you the weight of the cloth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads