• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the gingham shirts long enough that you could have a tailor put a bit of curve into the hem and still have enough length on the sides to hit at the top of the belt with mid-rise jeans like APC's?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
went down to Brighton to visit Jump the Gun...it was very easy to find, just a short walk from the train station.

Here's a pic in front of the shop
l_705a8734683e4420a85fb56d553f2344.jpg

With Jon and Adam, the guys behind the store and label. They are really nice and REALLY know their gear. If you have ANY questions regarding sizing or fit they know how to properly answer as they understand their clothing fit very well and who it is intended to fit. They were great to talk with and we could have easily stayed there for a big part of the day just talking about clothes, music etc but we had return train tickets that forced us to leave at a certain time.
l_d86496804fa2476c8ab09af36c8a9810.jpg

some photos from the interior:
l_82d58a792335473483e35c2175bb46e0.jpg

l_1ef457c7ca944b529f79a8bb0653a95f.jpg

The Fred Perry rack...lots of top items to be found
l_8040689eaf124a9db2ab2bc582149a36.jpg

Their JtG house brand shirts, these are their checked shirts. They also have solids
l_baf3b413134d40f6bc4143819a2f0b18.jpg

JtG rain macs....similar in style to Macintosh. Nice treated cotton fabric, good slim fit. If we had more rain and occasion to wear this in LA I would have bought one. Fits true to suit size
jumpthegun7fm8.jpg

Some shoes:
jumpthegun8ma2.jpg

more shoes:
jumpthegun9uu0.jpg

great selection of RTW suits!! Fit is perfect for someone that likes a slim fit. They fit true to size on the slim side. Great range of sizes from 34 and up. They also come in Short, Reg, and Long....personally I found the Short to fit the best as the sleeves are PERFECT for me and the jacket length on the short side which I like. Most suit shorts dont fit quite right on me, but these certainly do. Suits are made in Italy using British fabrics.
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hegun10ly6.jpg

jumpthegun11ss1.jpg

My purchases from the store:

Crombie coat (fits true to suit size)...this is a really great overcoat. They got the fit just right imo with a nice fitted shape. Classic styling with 4 button front placket and ticket pocket. Also has velvet upper collar but since it is all black the velvet doesnt stand out.
jumpthegunovercoathx2.jpg

Gingham shirt. I had order one via mail so this is the second JtG shirt. I know there were questions about the fit and they are indeed very slim fitting. Their size 16 fits me perfect and measures about 20.5" across chest, 18.5" across torso with sleeves that seem like they'd be a 33. Shirt length is meant to be tucked in. Despite the large sounding neck, it really isnt that large, I'd say the 16 feels more like a 15.5 Fit-wise it's very similar to the Ben Sherman "soho" fit.
jumpthegunshirthg2.jpg

Sta-Prest....bought the navy and black. I want the tan but they were sold out of nearly every size. Yes these do run as slim as their sizing chart, which I find to be very accurate. I bought a size 34 which fits awesome. They are very slim thru the hip and thigh so they're intended for guys with a slight build waist down. If you have athletic thighs or a big butt these WILL NOT FIT you. The waist sounds large but it really isnt since they're slightly low rise and the poly-cotton fabric will not give like denim so it cannot be tight the way jeans are meant to be sized. Their website's sizing chart is very accurate so if something seems like it won't fit you, then it probably won't fit.
jumpthegunstaprestyy1.jpg

Here's a pic going down to the store from the Rail Station.
brightondk5.jpg

Their shirts and some jackets/coats are made locally a few miles down from the shop in Brighton. Suits and trousers are made in Italy. IIRC some of the other gear us made in Portugal. The Fred Perry gear they sell is made in Italy line or MIE. They sell both MIC and MIE Doc Martens and the monkey boots are MIE. Again, these are top fellas and their customer service is excellent. They ship same or next day (I noticed a Royal Post office just a block away from the store) and any questions they will answer promptly and accurately.

e23

Reaction score
Excellent stuff I will def. check this store out when I go head back to London

gawkrodger

Reaction score
I'll be popping down to brighton fairly shortly. Definetly going to pop in to pick up one of their breton jumpers

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I ordred a Harrington from the store about a week ago - it sounds like I should have contacted them about sizing before placing the order. I ordered a size 42, and I'm normally a size 40 (but sometimes 42) so I hope I'll be OK.

edit: I should say I got an XL for a 42" chest. I'll have to see if it fits.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
So I bought one of their gingham's to check them out. I didn't properly heed warnings and ordered the neck size I usually wear in other, more fat-person oriented brands, and was quite.. Constricted. Did some sewing and let it out a bit and it's wearable, albeit the placket is a bit.. Asymmetrical. I'm quite impressed though, and for the price the fit/style seems just what I'm looking for. Sizing up on future purchases.

11709alocn2.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I've been wearing my staprest nearly every day. great cut and fabric doesnt feel so "poly" as I'm used to on this kind of material.

The sizing on the website probably seems scary for SFers since everyone is so used to ridiculous vanity sizing where you have to size down 2-3, but me being a size 30 jean wearer fits perfectly into their size 34 staprest. Their help section with sizing around the hips and thigh is very accurate and these are def not made for guys with big butts or bulky thighs.

Just waiting for the boys to get the tan back in stock as those are crucial.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads