• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jump rope recommendation?

Qubaduck

Reaction score
I used cheap $5 speed ropes for years, and if you ask me they're the way to go. weighted ropes and too slow, and i find it hard to find a good, balanced leather rope. the plastic speed ropes that everyone else seems to be so negative about give you the opportunity to get the rope goign very quickly, and they move very predictably. plus, at the price they're disposable, looseable, what have you. defs the best choice if you intend to be doing alot of skipping.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
a243_1.JPG

Hawtness.

You should my Prada workbag and tarot card set I got from Maxfield.

a-rock

Reaction score
i have been boxing for a few years now and use this rope.
http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...entPage=family

its got just a tiny bit more weight than a leather rope which is what i prefer. in any case, just dont go with the very lightweight plastic ones because you'll just end up being frustrated with it. ball bearings also impt if you're going to be jump roping seriously.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread back from the dead - is an 8' ceiling too low for a jump rope? I'm 5' 9" and figure I need a 9' rope.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valeo.

scugger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Thread back from the dead - is an 8' ceiling too low for a jump rope? I'm 5' 9" and figure I need a 9' rope.
The ceiling is less than ideal, but I think you can make it work. I got that Everlast unweighted rope that was recommended earlier in this thread a few weeks ago. I've been jumping rope in the hotel room during the work week and it has been okay. I ocassionally hit the ceiling or the walls, but nothing too bad. For reference I am 5 10 and use the 9.5 foot rope. I have it knotted 2 times on one side and 1 time on the other to shorten it slightly.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell

yes. go outside. outside have no ceiling.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the cheap-o speed ropes, I'll save the fancier ropes for others... although a weighted rope with a steel wire would probably be good for concentration (slip-ups hurt like hell).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads