• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Judge Judy has too much money...

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06182008...igs_115981.htm
Judge Jerry Sheindlin's wife, Judge Judy, has a brand-new nice little place. The queen of the small screen built herself a stone castle maybe two bidets smaller than Buckingham Palace. Turrets, hand-forged iron gates, it lacks only a moat.

The compound includes the guardhouse plus guesthouse, pool house, four-car garage, staff quarters, five acres of gardens with fountains, statues, benches, urns and a pond featuring enough koi or carp or flounder to feed the first seating at Le Bernardin.

Give or take a roll of Charmin, it's 13 bathrooms with gold-plated fixtures, three floors, 24,000 square feet, eight bedrooms, including a "snoring room" off the 75-by-42 master suite (should Jerry get noisy), 10 hand-carved marble working fireplaces, 26-foot-high ceilings, a conservatory without which no house should be and, says decorator Martin Kuckly: "I did a hotel in Nantucket that's smaller."

Builder Mark Mariani calls the kitchen area/family room the largest in the state of Connecticut. It seats 40. Its fixture is a 1920s, 14-foot bronze job found in an antique shop in Stamford. The thing had to be disassembled, trucked in and took days to get hung.

Judyville includes a red plush fully equipped theater with 50 seats, candy concession stand and popcorn machine. At another end, a wine cellar. The Plaza doesn't have such a wine cellar. Also a heated pool and spa and massage room. Also playroom with pool table, pingpong table, etc. Also large state-of-the-art gym with enough gear to sprain ligaments you never knew you had. Also for Judy personally - who's size 2 and, even standing on her IRS forms, only 5-ish feet tall - an enormous custom tub hand-carved from Rosa Aurora stone in Portugal. Says Mark Mariani: "I put in a small drain so we don't lose her."

The main house uses 500 light bulbs....

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Doesn't she also fly by her Gulfstream from the East Coast to West Coast 2x a week?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why despise her? Why the hate?

Is she any different than the Hollywood acting dimwits that makes millions and have residences here and there? At least she contributed some positive good while making the money.

Is this thread in the general flavor of hating the well off/rich because the economy is bad? Like how the rich can affor this and that so let's just tax them and use them to relieve the national budget deficit?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

Is she any different than the Hollywood acting dimwits that makes millions and have residences here and there? At least she contributed some positive good while making the money.

Is this thread in the general flavor of hating the well off/rich because the economy is bad? Like how the rich can affor this and that so let's just tax them and use them to relieve the national budget deficit?

eh.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^^^
Is this what they call a "preventive war" ?

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You really can only hate your slack jawed, smooth brained neighbors for the success of a cretin like Judge Judy. Although I have to admit the episode where John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten of Sex Pistols fame) was a contestant, er, defendant was truly entertaining. Lydon seemed to be less than fully aware of the stupidity of the show, and voiced his disdain about the theatrics yet still managed to add to the circus like atmosphere. He tried to outdo her obnoxiousness, then denounced it, and finally capitulated, somewhat deflated, to the idiocy. Impressive.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is worthless without pictures.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really can't stand her.

I've seen maybe 2 1/2 episodes over the course of my life (as I don't watch much TV and can't stand "reality TV" when I do) but she is ridiculous, overbearing, rude and entirely too up on herself; her TV personality anyway. I despise how she lectures to people. But I guess that's what brings in the viewes/ratings...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

I don't think "the hate" has anything to do with her wealth, I think the OP mean "too much money, not enough taste." She's welcome to do whatever she wants with her money, but that place sounds like something Donald Trump would call tacky.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
I don't think "the hate" has anything to do with her wealth, I think the OP mean "too much money, not enough taste." She's welcome to do whatever she wants with her money, but that place sounds like something Donald Trump would call tacky.

Really? I think the place sounds fantastic.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She makes that much money? I need to join the TV business.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
She makes that much money? I need to join the TV business.

I never would have guessed either. That's obscene. I've seen parts of the show once or twice over 10 years ago. It's beyond my comprehension why anyone would watch that garbage.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I never would have guessed either. That's obscene. I've seen parts of the show once or twice over 10 years ago. It's beyond my comprehension why anyone would watch that garbage.

I wonder if she gets a cut from all the judgments she's handed down.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like these judge shows. I used to watch Judge Wapner all the. I think Judge Mathis is my all time favorite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads