• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I care. Been a sneakerhead for 15ish years now. Anyways, I did terrible. Struck out on everything I actually wanted. Got in on the bricks, but didn't buy them.
I’m going to preface this by saying, I may make a few people “upset” by saying this, if you’re easily offended or a hypebeast then just scroll past this post...

If you’re a “sneaker head” then you should know that yeezy is dead (and don’t get me wrong, i love [the old] Kanye). It’s V1 or nothing. Turtle doves, moon rocks, pirate blacks; anything else is trash and dated at this point.

Maybe 500/700 have a little life in them, but if you look at drop days and resell, probably not. If you’re buying 350s, just don’t. if it isn’t v1 or one of the recent reflective drops, it’s barely selling for over retail (+fees/ship)

Honestly, at this point, it’s truly “checks over stripes”, and if you haven’t figured that out yet, you’re behind the game or a 15 year old hypebeast.

I see a lot of people posting pics in v2s and it looks terrible. Unless you’re wearing an “athletic” outfit, don’t even put them on, and please do yourself a favor and don’t wear them with jeans. Save your money and go buy some AJ1s or better yet, just go buy some common projects.

TL; DR: Yeezys are dead, especially V2.

Do yourself a favor; grow up and buy some simple, clean, timeless shoes. Your “fits” and likely your girl will thank you for it

sestyhype

Reaction score
I’m going to preface this by saying, I may make a few people “upset” by saying this, if you’re easily offended or a hypebeast then just scroll past this post...

If you’re a “sneaker head” then you should know that yeezy is dead (and don’t get me wrong, i love [the old] Kanye). It’s V1 or nothing. Turtle doves, moon rocks, pirate blacks; anything else is trash and dated at this point.

Maybe 500/700 have a little life in them, but if you look at drop days and resell, probably not. If you’re buying 350s, just don’t. if it isn’t v1 or one of the recent reflective drops, it’s barely selling for over retail (+fees/ship)

Honestly, at this point, it’s truly “checks over stripes”, and if you haven’t figured that out yet, you’re behind the game or a 15 year old hypebeast.

I see a lot of people posting pics in v2s and it looks terrible. Unless you’re wearing an “athletic” outfit, don’t even put them on, and please do yourself a favor and don’t wear them with jeans. Save your money and go buy some AJ1s or better yet, just go buy some common projects.

TL; DR: Yeezys are dead, especially V2.

Do yourself a favor; grow up and buy some simple, clean, timeless shoes. Your “fits” and likely your girl will thank you for it
At the end of the day, this is still your opinion. The only yeezys I’ve ever worn and still wear are the OG wave runner 700s. Been rocking them since original release, only gotten compliments so far. I don’t wear v2’s so literally none of what you said applies to me, and quite frankly I think it’s extremely ironic that you posted saying that it’s a safe place literally right after basically attacking one of the most trendy pair of shoes more or less since 2015. You seem pretty aggravated for something that doesn’t affect you whatsoever. Also, it may be a good thing more ppl are rocking v2s then, so you’ll definitely be getting more girls my guy! Especially with that alpha male attitude :)

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it’s extremely ironic that you posted saying that it’s a safe place literally right after basically attacking one of the most trendy pair of shoes more or less since 2015

?

I prefaced this with if you’re easily offended don’t read.

Anyway, i’m not sure why you’re personifying a pair of shoes. They are shoes man, not people. If you think it makes it an “unsafe” environment to “attack” shoes, then please get off styleforum or any fashion forum.

My comment about getting girls was tongue and cheek. I think you need to realize who you are dressing for. Are you dressing for men (example, will these bros realize I’m wearing off white and yeezy s) or are you dressing to appeal to women, because I bet the majority of women could care less that you’re wearing ultra limited reflective yeezy 350.

A lot of what we see on Instagram and men’s “fashion” these days, is men dressing for other men. It’s to stunt, to show off. But at the end of the day, buying sneakers for $1000 resale, isn’t going to change your life and it’s probably not going to help you get girls.

So when I made my comments, yes I was being obnoxious, but more so it was to help you get your head right. I’m probably way older than you, and trust me, I’ve spent a lot on shoes, and yes I own v1s, but you get to a point in your life where wasting your day online to get a hype pair of shoes isn’t worth it. Once you get to that point in your life, you’ll be solid. Just because something is “GR” doesn’t make it bad. And just because something sells for triple retail doesn’t make it or yourself cool (unless you want affirmation from the bros).

TL;DR: Sometimes I say things to spark conversation, don’t take things too serious on here. Spend money on clothes that make you look and feel good, not on what’s hype. UNLESS you really need affirmation from the boys of how dope your fit is.

TL;DR: you’re on a JOHN ELLIOTT thread, get the f*ck out of here with those adidas shoes ? P.S. that was a joke, not trying to offend you, but in all seriousness, JE is a Nike boi

chim

Reaction score
I care. Been a sneakerhead for 15ish years now. Anyways, I did terrible. Struck out on everything I actually wanted. Got in on the bricks, but didn't buy them.

i didn’t do too well either. no idea where nsubs vitriol came from, judging from the results of yeezy day apparently plenty of people still like them. Wear what you want, unless you only wear the maximum flavor of the month nike only vibe that nsub seems to be advocating (i like the reacts/off whites/jordans and own a couple pairs, but nothing compares to the comfort of 350v2 as a casual shoe for me). Nike has cool shoes and Adidas has cool shoes, it doesn’t have to be some weird territorial xbox vs playstation mudfight. I personally love the V2s and can’t wait for the V3, wish I could have hit on the belugas yesterday. The V1s haven’t held up nearly as well and aren’t as comfy. Don’t use resale value on stockx as a meter for your own personal style.

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
unless you only wear the maximum flavor of the month nike only vibe that nsub seems to be advocating
Lol, who are you guys that never post coming out of the woodwork?

I’m sorry, but did you even read my post? Maybe you should take a few steps back and actually read, not once did I advocate “hype” shoes. Smh. Man you guys need to READ.

Here’s a real world test you guys should do. Go buy a white pair of common projects, Achilles or b-ball lows.

Find a friend, sister, Gf, whatever and wear an outfit you think looks “lit”. Put on a pair of yeezy, then also put on the CP. ask the person which fit looks better. I’m guessing most people are going to say the fit with the CP.

You can try it here as well, post a pic of the same fit with yeezy or any other hype sneaker (other than AJ1) and another pic with cp instead. The CP will trump the hype sneaker 9/10.

And honestly, I’m not sure why you guys are getting so defensive or hurt over my commentary about yeezy being dead.

Last edited:

chim

Reaction score
Lol, who are you guys that never post coming out of the woodwork?

I’m sorry, but did you even read my post? Maybe you should take a few steps back and actually read, not once did I advocate “hype” shoes. Smh. Man you guys need to READ.

Here’s a real world test you guys should do. Go buy a white pair of common projects, Achilles or b-ball lows.

Find a friend, sister, Gf, whatever and wear an outfit you think looks “lit”. Put on a pair of yeezy, then also put on the CP. ask the person which fit looks better. I’m guessing most people are going to say the fit with the CP.

You can try it hear as well, post a pic of the same fit with yeezy or any other hyper sneaker (other than AJ1) and another pic with cp instead. The CP will trump the hype sneaker 9/10.

And honestly, I’m not sure why you guys are getting so defensive or hurt over my commentary about yeezy being dead.

I own 3 pairs of achilles low. I’m also a fan of SLP Sl/06 and find them to be equal or better quality than the achilles. You can wear all of these brands, it’s a pretty cool concept. J023 just posted an excellent fit with static 350v2s literally two pages back. I didn’t get the notice with yeezy being dead, the whole checks over stripes just seems like some manufactured Drake drama from sicko mode to me. I felt bad for the member who just posted about yeezy day, something that obviously has some overlap with JE fans only to be met by this epic rant. I am a big common projects fan but wouldn’t throw out all my nikes and adidas for them. There’s a place for everything and I buy things based on how much I like them; most of my friends would balk at seeing some of the prices JE and others charge for a t shirt/jacket/ jeans. Anyhow, I respect your view and opinions and will leave it at this.

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why you boys are so hurt over my comments.

Either way, what’s the point of this forum if not to discuss and learn?

Anyway, @j023 fit would have been better with 500 or 700.

If we don’t critique each other, we will never be better. This forum is to learn and get better, not pats on the back.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Restock of camo cargos coming up

Attachments

• 65BEEDC7-BFFE-4470-A47E-A0877664BB29.jpeg
    65BEEDC7-BFFE-4470-A47E-A0877664BB29.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 88

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads