• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zabo358

Reaction score
You and I are the same build and size give or take a few pounds. I usually go true to size (size 30) on my JE denim but regret not sizing down and getting a 29 in the obsidians. Yours are going to stretch to the perfect fit.
Cool, I guess I will stick with these and see how they end up stretching.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Bought from SSesne and tag only says "John Elliot" so I am assuming mainline? Is there a difference between cuts?
Yes. When they made it Mainline they fixed the embarrassing fuckup of the initial fit for season 10. Calf and hem was about a foot too wide and length was about 2 feet too long o_O

ChillFil

Reaction score
Yes. When they made it Mainline they fixed the embarrassing fuckup of the initial fit for season 10. Calf and hem was about a foot too wide and length was about 2 feet too long o_O
Yeah I got the Season 10's.., though after taking them to the dry cleaners they have helped the fit a little more. Mine are 29 I never had a problem with the calf being too big; I have normal sized calfs for my size. But the hems are definetly the biggest out of all my JE denim. So I always tend to wear hightops with those. To this day my best fitting denim is hands down the old-cut Plumas (28), and the new Sahara's (29).

As for the Vintage Fleece Sweatpants, kinda frustrated they sold out so quick. I really wanted that Plaster pair, as all I need is a black and "grey" (which I lack) pair in my rotation, throwing in the occasional Mojave Ebisu with Yeezy boots.. fortunetly, or unfortunetly, I accidently got super glue on my black Ebisu's. I waited for it to harden and when I tried to peel it off it made a hole in the matterial. Also the 100% cotton black was a magnet to all sorts of hair, dust, everything. So I ended up grabbing the black Vintage sweats; hopefully the poly blend will be better at keeping **** off the matterial, maybe as it's more slick hair and stuff is less bound to get stuck on it..

zabo358

Reaction score
Why would JE have a mainline and season version of the same denim?

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Yeah I got the Season 10's.., though after taking them to the dry cleaners they have helped the fit a little more. Mine are 29 I never had a problem with the calf being too big; I have normal sized calfs for my size. But the hems are definetly the biggest out of all my JE denim. So I always tend to wear hightops with those. To this day my best fitting denim is hands down the old-cut Plumas (28), and the new Sahara's (29).

As for the Vintage Fleece Sweatpants, kinda frustrated they sold out so quick. I really wanted that Plaster pair, as all I need is a black and "grey" (which I lack) pair in my rotation, throwing in the occasional Mojave Ebisu with Yeezy boots.. fortunetly, or unfortunetly, I accidently got super glue on my black Ebisu's. I waited for it to harden and when I tried to peel it off it made a hole in the matterial. Also the 100% cotton black was a magnet to all sorts of hair, dust, everything. So I ended up grabbing the black Vintage sweats; hopefully the poly blend will be better at keeping **** off the matterial, maybe as it's more slick hair and stuff is less bound to get stuck on it..
What about grey Escobar’s?

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a day, the black vintage has grown on me. Definitely the hoodie I needed to layer under some of my fitted jackets.
Sorry about poor lightning. The sun decided not to show up today.

CF305567-2552-4BE4-A0FF-C11811326B92.jpeg

44C4CB40-6B21-499B-B405-FB4A1ED48A92.jpeg

Jflo301

Reaction score
Just got my sz 28 Dillon indigo denim in from Need Supply and man are they tight. If this were my first pair of JE denim I would probably have returned them but I trust the process and know they’ll stretch out after some wears. They are beautiful though.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my sz 28 Dillon indigo denim in from Need Supply and man are they tight. If this were my first pair of JE denim I would probably have returned them but I trust the process and know they’ll stretch out after some wears. They are beautiful though.
That specific pair you are supposed to size up 1 from your typical JE size (unless you already did). If they fit you though, keep em

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads