• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zabo358

Reaction score
just got springs in from Saks. ordered 30 and 31 sizes. with 30 the waist is prefect, but my thighs and calves do feel a bit tight. when I take them off I have to start wiggling it slowly off my calves, where as the 31 they can slip off much easier. they have a little bit more slack all over which make them feel more comfortable but the waist is too big where I can fit my hand in them.

I've asked this before, but now that I have both pairs with me and tried on I figure I'd ask again. since my legs are bigger from lifting, which size should I stick with? if I keep 30, will they stretch to be more comfortable?
Would you mind sharing what the calf measuremt is on the size 30?

Fresh718

Reaction score
Vintage spring fit. Really love these. Great fit with the strong taper. Stacks for days. Nice weight. Minimal stretch. Aaand at the lower price point of JE denim offerings.

Thermal crew / Vintage Springs / Vans

View attachment 960544
Is it jus me or do these look almost idn
They are very similar to the older ones based on your pics. They look good. It’s probably not worth getting both for me though.
i thought is was jus me but they sure do look indentical to OG springs‍♂️

ElNino

Reaction score
Anyone got any photos/fit pics which best represent the mauve colourway? Specifically the mercer tee if possible...as I know some colours look like they vary between cuts on the JE website.

iamfudge

Reaction score
i would stick with the 30 and let them stretch/conform a bit. You won’t get too much stretching in the calves i’ve found but you’ll get some in the other areas. All depends on your intended fit and preference as well

I like the initial fit of the 31 where you could pinch between the thighs and jeans and grab very little slack, opposed to the 30s where they were more skin tight and I can't do that out of the box. although the waist on the 31 was just way to big and if they plan on stretching more then it would just be too much. The only other thing I was thinking about was if I kept the 31s and just had the waist pinched in an inch from a local tailor. Jeans wouldn't be altered in any way just that an inch would be stitched in.

As long as the waist is perfect, keep the 30's. I go through this every time with my JE denim. They're skin-tight and jegging-like out of the box to the point where I'm unsure about'em, but after a day of wear, or maybe even just hours, they loosen up at all the flexion points. If you can already fit a hand in the waist of a 31 while you have'em on, you'll be swimming in them after a few wears.

Yeah, I would say the waist is snug and ideal. My concern is really everywhere else, lol. Taking off the jeans, once I hit the calves it becomes a process of side-to-side wiggling until I can take them off. I know my calves are a bit bigger, but I hope I would be able to slide them off with a little less effort. Just dropping $$ on these jeans to not have a comfortable fit is what worries me, but I think I'll take everyone's word and stick with 30s and hope they stretch a bit more. Maybe I'll start by just wearing them around the apt and see if that helps before wearing them out. It's either that or maybe I'm thinking JE jeans aren't meant for people like me lol.

Would you mind sharing what the calf measuremt is on the size 30?

Are you referring to my calf measurement or the one on the jeans? I can check when I get home later today.

zabo358

Reaction score
I like the initial fit of the 31 where you could pinch between the thighs and jeans and grab very little slack, opposed to the 30s where they were more skin tight and I can't do that out of the box. although the waist on the 31 was just way to big and if they plan on stretching more then it would just be too much. The only other thing I was thinking about was if I kept the 31s and just had the waist pinched in an inch from a local tailor. Jeans wouldn't be altered in any way just that an inch would be stitched in.

Yeah, I would say the waist is snug and ideal. My concern is really everywhere else, lol. Taking off the jeans, once I hit the calves it becomes a process of side-to-side wiggling until I can take them off. I know my calves are a bit bigger, but I hope I would be able to slide them off with a little less effort. Just dropping $$ on these jeans to not have a comfortable fit is what worries me, but I think I'll take everyone's word and stick with 30s and hope they stretch a bit more. Maybe I'll start by just wearing them around the apt and see if that helps before wearing them out. It's either that or maybe I'm thinking JE jeans aren't meant for people like me lol.

Are you referring to my calf measurement or the one on the jeans? I can check when I get home later today.
The one on the jeans. Thanks!

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m pretty confident my legs are bigger than yours (based on our sizing needs) and JE denim stretches a lot in those areas and ends up being very comfortable during the 1st wear... my dillons are by far the most snug in the leg, and took a couple wears, but after the 2nd wear, they really began conform to my leg and break in. Also, I just went down 1 in these new springs because of previous waist concerns, and they are snug! But so were my obsidians originally lol

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TGIF! Anyone have fit pics of the Sahara’s yet?

B015E46C-6F37-4BF9-A016-A4A43A45EE36.jpeg

June Boon

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am interested to purchase Thumper Jacket Type II. However i am really concerned on the sizing. Can someone help me out? For reference: My height is 178 cm (5 ft 8 ) and weight 66kg (145lbs). Would S or M be suitable?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am interested to purchase Thumper Jacket Type II. However i am really concerned on the sizing. Can someone help me out? For reference: My height is 178 cm (5 ft 8 ) and weight 66kg (145lbs). Would S or M be suitable?
Measure a jacket you like. Then compare it to the measurements on the website. Everyone’s body is different so suggestinf a size based on height and weight can be drastically different. But based on your body, I’d imagine you’d be a small. Just know that the type 2 is fairly cropped, so take that into account when purchasing

MaTtKs

Reaction score
Measure a jacket you like. Then compare it to the measurements on the website. Everyone’s body is different so suggestinf a size based on height and weight can be drastically different. But based on your body, I’d imagine you’d be a small. Just know that the type 2 is fairly cropped, so take that into account when purchasing
I’d say small as well. But yeah this jacket has been a hot topic for various sizing recommendations based on the person and their preferred fit.

For reference, I went with Medium and I’m 5’10” 150. I like my things a touch loose and wanted to be able to layer a hoodie as well. Could’ve gotten away with a small but I preferred the slightly longer medium.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m 5’9 around your weight and wear a small. I can still layer over a hoodie as seen in my pic earlier. Check the measurements on the website and pull the trigger. Make sure you order from a place that offers exchanges so if you need.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Just got the SS18 Black Bogota in. I wish I got into Bogota's sooner, this thing is unreal. It goes without saying that the quality is miles above Alpha Industries. The zipper **shines bright like a diamond**. The Primaloft lining is so luxe and instantly warmed me up. This jacket is v practical in those months where it's not cold enough for a Winter coat but not quite Summer. Also I can totally see how one would want to acquire multiple colors of this thing like we all do with Anti-Expo's, Hoodies, etc. I'll prob just cop the Olive and stop.

For sizing, I sized up 1 to an L because it's cut slim and the length measurement of the Medium seemed a little short for me. It fits perfect, looks perfect, smells perfect, and we're engaged to be married next year :inlove:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evelynsolace05