• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any luck receiving their Black Friday orders from Unknwn? Received my order confirmation from them before thanksgiving, but still no shippping stays updates even after multiple inquiries.

Maroon flannel shipped on the 24th and arrives today

echau

Reaction score
Any of you guys use Amex? Time to redeem that $100 off $300 at Mr. Porter.

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn missed that mr. porter on amex

has anyone tried to cut and shorten their sashiko belt? just want to see if it can be done before trying. looks like you can remove the strap from the buckle side

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

damn missed that mr. porter on amex

has anyone tried to cut and shorten their sashiko belt? just want to see if it can be done before trying. looks like you can remove the strap from the buckle side

This can be done.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Didn't see this pop up last night and by 9am this morning the black Mr. Porter JE denim was sold out in my size (32).

I've been looking for exactly this item for a while now and i'm pretty disappointed to have missed it. Would you guys think that a 33 could be taken in to the 32 waist size without too much trouble? i generally don't tailor denim, but the measurements are pretty close between the two:

(This is the Harlot size guide from the JE site, but they should be the same, I would think)

For anything sold out on the US side, you should be able to change shipping to UK and access more inventory from that part of their site. Not 100% sure if it will shake out to the same pricing but I'd recommend giving it a try.

Enexde96

Reaction score
Hey Mike, is the sizing on the striped wool shirt identical to the maroon/slate shirts? Seriously considering it now...

maomaobear

Reaction score
Did not know that bout to call up AMEX CS to see what they can do about it if any, thanks for the heads up though!

Premier Rewards Gold

Just to chime in, I chatted with a Amex customer rep earlier today as I did not see that offer either. I have the Blue Cash Preferred. They said that the deals are by card holder, and unfortunately they do not have the ability to add that to my account. If you find out otherwise, please let me know!

gerg99

Reaction score
yo didn't have any questions myself but thanks for being on deck with the help mike. i copped both classic curve tees in a medium... glad to hear these are a more relaxed fit (the only JE tees i still wear are the relaxed fit ones) and also stoked that it's the anti expo material! the original tshirt material is mad soft but i like the more substantial feel of the antiexpo. hyped to get these in same day.

and mr porter service might be the best of all ecommerce sites. i've had a lot of great experiences with their customer service. one time a filling pieces shoe was sold out, i was able to call in and have them pull from their UK stock and ship to the US with no additional cost at all. CS rep had no hesitation, didn't have to finesse any extra service at all

brianja

Reaction score

Just to chime in, I chatted with a Amex customer rep earlier today as I did not see that offer either. I have the Blue Cash Preferred. They said that the deals are by card holder, and unfortunately they do not have the ability to add that to my account. If you find out otherwise, please let me know!

Doesn't appear on my regular Platinum Card offers either.

Jasonronn

Reaction score
man yesterday i was gonna come on here a ***** about how theres no plain black JE denim to pick up. btw, when the denim went up on the site last night, the black jeans were $430. i just double checked if they had my size and price was $385.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads