• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of mega steal pickups

Sundrenched Folsom crewneck and the Carson Puffer

Folsom Crew
2XL
4199007E-A4EA-4913-9F87-C6E4C7FB3154.jpeg

Folsom Crew is everything the hoodie is. Heavyweight and great quality. My only hang up (personal preference) is the collar. I’m not a huge fan of my t-shirt collar showing under a crewneck sweatshirt. The non-thermal Folsom crewneck collars are higher and less wide, so I’m assuming the thermal lining could be the reasoning of this wider collar (could be wrong)

Carson Puffer
XL
E443C07D-D5E1-4DF0-8A82-C19D9228D779.jpeg

I got this joint for a major steal (highway robbery lol). This puffer is SUPER lightweight with a fitted body. I wouldn’t use the word “snug” because in my mind, snug is a tighter fit and restricting. This puffer has some stretch to is, so my guns(arms) and wider back can fit comfortably. I could absolutely do a 2xl in this but the steal didn’t have a 2xl available. This jacket is not a winter piece, must be layered if you want to get out in the elements. Hardware is nothing to write home about. If you can find one at “scab” prices, I would grab it. It’s like a cool looking hoodie if I could compare it to something.

ggss09

Reaction score

Folsom Crew
2XL
View attachment 1741466
Folsom Crew is everything the hoodie is. Heavyweight and great quality. My only hang up (personal preference) is the collar. I’m not a huge fan of my t-shirt collar showing under a crewneck sweatshirt. The non-thermal Folsom crewneck collars are higher and less wide, so I’m assuming the thermal lining could be the reasoning of this wider collar (could be wrong)

Carson Puffer
XL
View attachment 1741480
I got this joint for a major steal (highway robbery lol). This puffer is SUPER lightweight with a fitted body. I wouldn’t use the word “snug” because in my mind, snug is a tighter fit and restricting. This puffer has some stretch to is, so my guns(arms) and wider back can fit comfortably. I could absolutely do a 2xl in this but the steal didn’t have a 2xl available. This jacket is not a winter piece, must be layered if you want to get out in the elements. Hardware is nothing to write home about. If you can find one at “scab” prices, I would grab it. It’s like a cool looking hoodie if I could compare it to something.

Sundrenched Folsom looks clean. I think if you have a tee in the same color, and you wear it underneath, the necline becomes less of an issue. Thats how I rock my washed black thermal replica (with washed black tees underneath)

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sundrenched Folsom looks clean. I think if you have a tee in the same color, and you wear it underneath, the necline becomes less of an issue. Thats how I rock my washed black thermal replica (with washed black tees underneath)
That an option but I’m more of a white/grey tee under crewnecks and hoodies type of guy.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Folsom Crew
2XL
View attachment 1741466

Carson Puffer
XL
View attachment 1741480

neck is def wider on the sun drenched thermal Folsom vs reg Folsom. I went TTS in both. The SD Folsom is so good though. You’ll adjust.

of course there remains another option…
Barbell shrugs.

The_Bull

Reaction score
Nice pick up! Any highlights? The blue carson looks so nice.
The Carsons material felt amazing in hand! Perfect weight for a SoCal puffer, lots of people down here like wearing the Patagonia and Vuori nanopuffers on cool nights so the Carson would fill that space perfectly. The stuff that stood out to me the most was the irridescent pieces, super cool to see in person, I almost thought about grabbing an anorak. That Mastermind x JE irridescent leather hoodie is crazy lol not one I could pull off but cool to check out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads