• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
curious about this too, although I hate the fact that the liner is a separate piece we are going to get upcharged for.

It's sincerely not an upcharge - it would have driven the cost higher if it was included, this was a way to make both available. They both work as stand alone pieces and are separately insulated, the kit is amazing together of course but we separated them to allow the choice and for both to be available versus one more expensive kit...intention was / is not an upcharge.

WhaleShark

Reaction score
Interesting that they chose buttons instead of Velcro for the inside of the flap. Would have made for a much cleaner line. ?‍♂️
D0CE4451-1463-41AD-89A8-45B276E5FC50.jpeg

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting that they chose buttons instead of Velcro for the inside of the flap. Would have made for a much cleaner line. ?‍♂️
View attachment 1673507

While this piece is streamlined in design, and definitely updated in many ways (zippers, etc.) the name N1 is a classic Naval style and the buttons / storm flap are one of the most prominent features. You can look up N1 jacket, but that was the intention.

WhaleShark

Reaction score
While this piece is streamlined in design, and definitely updated in many ways (zippers, etc.) the name N1 is a classic Naval style and the buttons / storm flap are one of the most prominent features. You can look up N1 jacket, but that was the intention.
Thanks Mike. As always, I really appreciate you. It’s cool to hear the origin of the concept. Can’t wait to try this coat on.

Deceive

Reaction score
It's sincerely not an upcharge - it would have driven the cost higher if it was included, this was a way to make both available. They both work as stand alone pieces and are separately insulated, the kit is amazing together of course but we separated them to allow the choice and for both to be available versus one more expensive kit...intention was / is not an upcharge.
While I’m not necessarily interested in this piece, I appreciate the fact that the liner is sold separately. There aren't many opportunities in SoCal to wear an insulated jacket, especially with an added insulated vest.

The_Bull

Reaction score
850AAB40-EBD3-48EC-AA41-D12D8CF5CF9B.jpeg
AA13E7D7-8BFC-469C-B60C-500F7EF96C64.jpeg
3A096B9D-EEC8-46CC-9BCC-75318EF8B297.jpeg

Haven't posted in here in forever! Moved to the West Coast in February and got to check out the LA store in the spring. So awesome after being a fan since 2014. The experience is so much better shopping JE in a place that's designed for that purpose specifically after buying pieces online and at my local Saks for years. Also having one day shipping from LA to San Diego is a huge bonus compared to the 4-5 day wait before, getting stuff sent to Louisiana.

More recent thoughts: really loving the N1 jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads