• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the others. it’s not worth the headache. He’ll get his refund one way or another. It’s been happening to me more than usual probably due to binding offers. This was great. Asked for a refund 2 mins after purchase.

View attachment 1441036
Yeah I did. Wasn’t with the headache and hassle. Wow that’s sucks man. It’s crazy because we are now paying for the binding offer feature but you have buyers reneging on purchases.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the others. it’s not worth the headache. He’ll get his refund one way or another. It’s been happening to me more than usual probably due to binding offers. This was great. Asked for a refund 2 mins after purchase.

View attachment 1441036

I have plenty of other gems from grailed
“been on a shopping spree cause of the stimulus”...
I would make his refund as long and painful as possible.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahaha lol. This is what quarantine has made me. I adopted a cat. I need the leash so I can grab it when she heads into the woods. I've got a small garden. And I wear JE everyday. But it's not often all of those aspects come together in one photo ?
Haha, I appreciate the pics of JE in the wild. This one was just “extra”, I couldn’t tell if you were just f#cking with everyone with the random assortment of “accessories”

gentlypfister

Reaction score
I bought a pair of “Brand new with tags” JE shorts a few months back. The pics literally had the tags attached. Upon receipt, they were obviously worn, no tags and even had a small stain on them. I lost my case to return the shorts as a buyer because “the product was constructionally the same”. Left scathing feedback on the sellers page post purchase.

There’s a lot of scum on Grailed and it’s a toss up. If there’s any sign of conflict avoid the transaction imo.

Yea - In my experience using all the platforms, doing ANY buying/selling online has some small level of headache/risk. it's WAY better than the early days of eBay, but I can't tell you how many times I have been screwed by some crappy customer service or a scam attempt. I agree that eBay has the most reach and that's helpful, but I've seen more scams on eBay lately as a seller.

For instance - I sold some Bred Jordan 11s a while ago. Brand new, receipt from footlocker. Everything was fine... for literally 29 days...then conveniently, a day before the 30 days limit to open a case, the buyer opens a case and said I sold him used shoes. Through a ton of back and forth with him and eBay, (including calls with eBay customer service) I learned that really no matter what - eBay sides with the buyer. Long story, but I was auto-deducted the full refund for the shoes (plus return shipping) and received what I thought I would - a pair of Jordans that a guy had obviously worn for about a month. Hard lesson but also learned that there is literally nothing you can do and scams like this happen a lot. Unless you truly can PROVE that you shipped an actual brand new item (which I don't even know how you could do without video evidence of you packing it up and dropping it off), the buyer can use the item for about a month, open a case and say "oh its used" and then ship it back for a full refund - essentially renting the item from you. Obviously if this buyer did this often, I'm sure eBay would flag the behavior and suspend the account, but crazy to have seen it first hand. Small loss overall, but man, what if they were some grails? Always gonna be bottom-feeders finding loopholes.

That's my coffee'd up post today. Have a good weekend all - still waiting on my damn eclipse order too :)

Yoshi

Reaction score
We need to use the code word Aeropostale in the Grailed messages to let each other know we're on StyleFourm and just do the transaction here.

This is how I linked up with JBad, RIP.

I think I also bought a 41 overshirt off of @srizvi722 but didn't realize until after I purchased. I actually don't know how I know this info, cause the seller's username is different.

Pajji

Reaction score
Eclipse order just arrived. Thanks again to member who gave that early heads up!

Oak AE
Haze Uni
Dune Loose Stitch Uni
Loose Stitch Washed Black Crew
Camo Tie Dye Crew

5DB902CC-213F-4789-AA3C-F38E27BF6A3A.jpeg

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea - In my experience using all the platforms, doing ANY buying/selling online has some small level of headache/risk. it's WAY better than the early days of eBay, but I can't tell you how many times I have been screwed by some crappy customer service or a scam attempt. I agree that eBay has the most reach and that's helpful, but I've seen more scams on eBay lately as a seller.

For instance - I sold some Bred Jordan 11s a while ago. Brand new, receipt from footlocker. Everything was fine... for literally 29 days...then conveniently, a day before the 30 days limit to open a case, the buyer opens a case and said I sold him used shoes. Through a ton of back and forth with him and eBay, (including calls with eBay customer service) I learned that really no matter what - eBay sides with the buyer. Long story, but I was auto-deducted the full refund for the shoes (plus return shipping) and received what I thought I would - a pair of Jordans that a guy had obviously worn for about a month. Hard lesson but also learned that there is literally nothing you can do and scams like this happen a lot. Unless you truly can PROVE that you shipped an actual brand new item (which I don't even know how you could do without video evidence of you packing it up and dropping it off), the buyer can use the item for about a month, open a case and say "oh its used" and then ship it back for a full refund - essentially renting the item from you. Obviously if this buyer did this often, I'm sure eBay would flag the behavior and suspend the account, but crazy to have seen it first hand. Small loss overall, but man, what if they were some grails? Always gonna be bottom-feeders finding loopholes.

That's my coffee'd up post today. Have a good weekend all - still waiting on my damn eclipse order too :)
That makes me so angry man.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lunch break/WFH fit.
Expo tee. Kane shorts. RGT boots. My cat. Weird shaped carrot from the garden.
Also got some mail today.
Steelhead Tees. Cardi from Eclipse. 2 pairs of Yellow Label shorts that I love. Thanks to the forum for bringing those up.
Will post some pics later.

View attachment 1440601
851B51C4-D838-4889-831A-9E94B0C9F1CA.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads