• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marble dye AE’s were sick. Especially the burgundy.
The problem with them was that after the dye process they ended up being around 1.5” shorter than a normal AE. The next size up was still shorter than a normal AE in a size below it and it fit way too big. Not boxy but legit big. So it ended being cropped and baggy. Felt like I was about to be in an 80’s workout montage.
If they had just cut the fabric after the dye process then it’d been perfect.
If you were a shorter dude then it didn’t matter. In fact it’d probably fit better because it didn’t look like a dress on you.

need to bulk up.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m 6’1” 185-190lb not exactly small.
Although, I’ve for sure lost weight from the quarantine. I don’t know how some of you are managing to gain significant weight.

people that gain excessive weight just arent being creative in their workout routine, eating takeout daily, and letting the situation run over them. Losing weight is another story. I’ve probably lost a few pounds as well, but maintained a good portion of muscle. Most weight loss, if you’re still working out and eating good, is probably just water.

BlueScreenofDeath

Reaction score
I feel that, I just think it looks really silly when people are wearing cropped outerwear and their shirt is hanging out 6 inches below, or their shirt ends below their crotch. Shirts should end like john’s does. If AE are too long than cut them. If JE shirts are too long on you, than find another brand. There are tons of great brands out there. It’s silly to think you need to wear exactly everything in a lookbook for it to work. People need to realize that some things aren’t going to work for their body type and just stop buying things because of the brand. Just my 2 cents

edit: I also don’t understand why people are so averse to getting things tailored.
Your boner level for John has reached an all-time high (no pun intended)

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your boner level for John has reached an all-time high (no pun intended)
? well this is a John Elliott thread, but my comment had less to do with John himself and more to do with the layering and proportions. It’s incredible to me how so many people on here have no idea how to dress for their bodies.

otisred

Reaction score
So I just got my Riders Jacket and I noticed that it says "Made In India" inside...

What's up with that? On their website it says Made in Los Angeles.... och Endclothing's website (bought here) it says Made in the USA.

I mean what does Made in the USA mean? It's not like all these brands are designing their stuff in India/whatever.

Last edited:

otisred

Reaction score
Here are some photos:

IMG_6602.JPG
IMG_6603.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads