• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DxVxNE

Reaction score
I'll never understand people and sizing in this thread. JE jeans and tees come in all sizes and iterations. I'm everywhere from a size 28 to a 30 ranging from Cast 1 to Cast 2 iterations. 100% cotton I size down, elastane I size up.

I wear a large in curve u-necks and a small in AEs. I'm 5'11 and 160lbs. I wear JE basically every day.

"The intended fit" is whatever you want it to be...

ggss09

Reaction score
Wait... you got TTS AND 2 down!? Why not 1 down? ?

Pretty sure they're out of stock in that size. I know because I'm in the exact same boat here. My true size is a 30. 29 is out of stock. I'm not sure if I should go for the 28 or the 30. Might do the same as he did and get both!

Yeap I'm a 30 so couldn't cop the 29. If neither works I'll return both and call it a day. Can't afford full price lol I already got lots of black denim anyways

Jde754

Reaction score
This sizing thing is real but at the end of the day you just have to order multiple sizes or do your best to find an opportunity to try on in store somewhere. It sucks though. Some brands are outrageously difficult. Take for example Rick Owen’s it’s a chore to buy anything online of there’s because it’s all different. I’m going through that right now. Just sent back a $550 investment for the new size. I feel like sizing issues with designer clothing or clothing of all price points is an area ripe for business disruption. We’ve got to get better at this it’s what the customer wants.

I wonder if brands/retailers would ever be open to trialing out a try on model where a customer could pay in full for one size but only have to make a partial deposit for other sizes, that way the temporary financial burden of shopping multiple sizes wouldn’t hurt as much. And if the retailer doesn’t receive the additional pieces in a specificied time frame the customers card would be charged the full retail price of any additional garments they kept.

Last edited:

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll never understand people and sizing in this thread. JE jeans and tees come in all sizes and iterations. I'm everywhere from a size 28 to a 30 ranging from Cast 1 to Cast 2 iterations. 100% cotton I size down, elastane I size up.

I wear a large in curve u-necks and a small in AEs. I'm 5'11 and 160lbs. I wear JE basically every day.

"The intended fit" is whatever you want it to be...
yea i think we have some 'intended fitists' in the thread lol

No I won't just go and buy another brand, I'll size up, size down and wear JEs however I want.

Jde754

Reaction score
Not in any particular order but:
Thom Browne, Rick Owens, Acne Studios, Mr P, Dior, Officine Generale, 1017 ALX, Aime Leon Dore, Common Projects, Neccessary Anywhere, Casablanca, Oyster Holdings, Ambush, Bianca Chandon, Fear of God, Eric Emmanuel, Infinite Archives, New York Sunshine

Jde754

Reaction score
I've been looking at ALD for a while, still don't own anything. Some of their designs are pretty cool but I'm clueless on sizing ... don't want to deal with the pain of it all. :D
In my experience sizing on ALD is painless. They are consistent across the board. It’s the other inconsistent brands that scare you into thinking you should do X vs. Z

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What other brands do you guys like? Off-White? Vetements? Fear of God? Rhude?
I dress very differently according to how I want to on the day. I have stuff ranging from streetwear/minimalist stuff like JE, APC, Norse Projects, Reigning Champ to sort of more flowy stuff like Acne, Our Legacy, Uniqlo, De Bonne Facture and then more workwear stuff like SEH Kelly

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a medium TTS. I've been told small for everything, possibly XS.

ggss09

Reaction score
I've been looking at ALD for a while, still don't own anything. Some of their designs are pretty cool but I'm clueless on sizing ... don't want to deal with the pain of it all. :D

TTS for sure - most of their stuff is not too slim but also definitely not loose. Their fleece and tshirts run long lengthwise so keep that in mind.

serj

Reaction score
Been getting into Rhude. And I thought JE prices were insane. Only piece I have is the hoodie I posted a few pages back. Other than that, Reigning Champ, Wings + Horns, APC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads