• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Dillon Black
Meguro
Onyx

FD52D6B1-BC80-4EE4-85C7-076D6BD79642.jpeg

754D9FF9-F1E6-4EC5-9FC6-163BC07493A3.jpeg

06180801-04B8-48CE-8E56-F01C27032DA4.jpeg

photoryan

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up either the Meguro or Coast 2 from Mr. P, but was curious about the level of stretch as my 31s fit well, but they've stretched out a touch too much for my liking. I have Springs and Carbons for comparison.

TheOpOg

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up either the Meguro or Coast 2 from Mr. P, but was curious about the level of stretch as my 31s fit well, but they've stretched out a touch too much for my liking. I have Springs and Carbons for comparison.
Just FYI, those are Nimbus's not Coast 2's. Which I actually like more and wear a lot more than my Coast's. It looks like the Coast's probably won't be re-released for at least this season (who know's maybe never again). If any of you were lucky enough to get some coast's you better clutch on to those because they might be hard to find again for a long time. I rock my nimbus's more though and in my mind they come pretty damn close to the perfect pair of denim. They are a little thicker and don't tend to stretch as much as JE's normal black denim (Carbon, Onyx). Close to springs but maybe slightly more stiff. I don't have the Meguro so I can't comment on that.

Lloydham

Reaction score
Wish my pale ass could pull off that washed yellow... copped the army instead.

Oh god. I hesitated because I'm fairly pale too but I saw most sizes were sold out but not L within 4 mins and jumped on it just to try. I think it would look weird worn alone on my skin tone but I'm wanting to try it under my khaki SLP Teddy. I don't have anything in yellow but always thought it would look good layered over yellow. If that's not the case I'll be returning fwiw anybody looking for a yellow large.

TheOpOg

Reaction score
Oh god. I hesitated because I'm fairly pale too but I saw most sizes were sold out but not L within 4 mins and jumped on it just to try. I think it would look weird worn alone on my skin tone but I'm wanting to try it under my khaki SLP Teddy. I don't have anything in yellow but always thought it would look good layered over yellow. If that's not the case I'll be returning fwiw anybody looking for a yellow large.
I'm fairy pale too but I rock my yellow raglan under my Mr.P thumper. It looks damn good. Who ever does JE fit pics does a good job of complimenting the clothing color with the model's skin color. But on the topic of what we were talking about earlier, I can't for the life of me understand why John Elliott himself doesn't do it. He is always rocking white and yellow :puzzled:

djkillahcam

Reaction score
I’m 5’11 and 160 and wear size M in raglan and it’s perfect for me. The fit is at a sweet spot between villain and OS. I think if I sized up, the 1” bigger chest would be too much fabric and just look sloppy. If you went TTS on the Vintage this morning, you’ll be just fine.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Just posted a few JE pieces up on Grailed if anyone is interested. User name is djkillahcam. PM me here for a better deal. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads