• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Build muscle now. Will help you keep the fat off as you age. Nothing is more impressive than a big back. Lifting and skincare are very important. Even if your strapped for time, there are plenty of good workouts you can do even with resistance bands at home.

Suggestions on workouts would be awesome

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-muscle-building-workout-routine/

Start there. Its a good place to start. If you haven't really lifted before...you're in for a ******* treat. Your 1st year you will make the best gains of your life if you stay consistent. The #1 thing i would stress is form and technique above all else. Injuries ******* suck and you will hurt yourself if you go too heavy too soon. Leave your ego at the door. Start light and build up from there. I would suggest you start with dumbbells over barbells initially to fix any likely imbalances you have a beginner.

You can adjust as you get more experienced. Youtube is very helpful for getting tips on technique. This guy is excellent - no fuss and to the point.

Lastly - Character equals destiny. Get into the habit of going to the gym. Tell yourself - "i am a gym guy". After 6 weeks you will be. Staying committed to something builds character. As far as diet is concerned - try not to eat like a fatass and get some protein in. I wouldnt worry about counting calories or any of that stuff at the start. #1 thing you need to do is get into the habit of getting to the gym . Oh last thing. There will be days you feel like **** and dont want to go. Those are the most important days to go. Mindset > everything.

Sorry for the long post.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keeping in shape as you age is everything. Especially when you start to have kids. I have to get myself up at 5am every morning if I want to exercise or it's time you need to spend helping and being with the family. Lucky for me my job lets me wear jeans and sneakers so JE flannels w/ dark denim is my go-to every week...but I just applied for an analyst position at a CA shoe company that will let me wear whatever I want so fingers crossed to getting wear more of my JE threads this year.

timofay

Reaction score
Suggestions on workouts would be awesome

I would do an Upper/Lower split, something like Upper monday, lower wednesday, upper friday. Mix in some cardio however you like- bike, stair master, jogging, incline walking. Keep it simple and do something you can stick to consistently. Lifting 2-3x a week consistently is far better then lifting 6x a week for a month and taking a month or two off.

I also enjoy a "Push/Pull/Legs" split where you do chest/shoulders/triceps one day, legs another, back/biceps on the third. Try that once a week, M/W/F.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@itzkoolkidkam How's does the amiri leather jacket fit? Worth the money?

It fits true to size/slim. It's definitely one of the best jackets out. It's heavy and well made. I just bought one.

Edit: I'm not sure if you're talking about the newer (lighter) one or the one they've been making. I was referring to the original one. The new one is nice, too. It's just lighter and softer. It feels almost like lambskin.

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Last edited:

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
@itzkoolkidkam How's does the amiri leather jacket fit? Worth the money?

I have the calf version and it’s def slim. Especially in the arms and shoulders. Its a great quality piece for sure, a bit more edgy than an L17.

That being said, if you don’t mind the cropped factor, I would go with an L17. It’s cleaner and timeless. I still love mine but I know the vertical waist zips will begin to bug me in the future.

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
It fits true to size/slim. It's definitely one of the best jackets out. It's heavy and well made. I just bought one.

Edit: I'm not sure if you're talking about the newer (lighter) one or the one they've been making. I was referring to the original one. The new one is nice, too. It's just lighter and softer. It feels almost like lambskin.

How do you like it man? It’s so damn stiff.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like it man? It’s so damn stiff.

It’s dope. Haha your fit pictures are actually what pushed me to pick it up. I haven’t worn it out yet. But, I’m with you on the side zips though. I wish those weren’t there and it was a little bit more understated. I’m still deciding on it. I have the JE x Blackmeans one and grabbed this one to rock with just a tee. I really love the L17 but it’s too cropped. Where are you at with it?

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo I got a thumper (Masa indigo) size 2xl for a good price. I took the tags off before really trying it on multiple times so I can’t return to mr porter. I decided to roll with my xl. Let me know if you any of you are interested.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s dope. Haha your fit pictures are actually what pushed me to pick it up. I haven’t worn it out yet. But, I’m with you on the side zips though. I wish those weren’t there and it was a little bit more understated. I’m still deciding on it. I have the JE x Blackmeans one and grabbed this one to rock with just a tee. I really love the L17 but it’s too cropped. Where are you at with it?
How does the fit compared to the black means, and why wouldn’t you wear the black means with a t shirt?

Last edited:

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score

I've worn it a few times but the weather has been a bit too cold here for it.

How does the fit compared to the black means, and why wouldn’t you wear the black means with a t shirt?

The amiri fits like a glove, im sure its thicker too. probably harder to layer the amiri i assume.

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Sage OS
Natural Anti
Slp x 2

7A924944-B819-4051-B142-15C2762F0D5F.jpeg

Been spending the last few weeks tracking down some of my grail boots from F/W 13'. Everything about them is better than current season pairs.

6FA650F8-8AF1-40C6-BA00-0F784C565A48.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads