1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. rufiorufiorufio

rufiorufiorufio Senior member

do both. dead serious.

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I've already got a reigning champ crewneck and a J+E Villain hoodie... no room for two more additions to the Distorbiant sweatshirt family. lol

3. sussi

sussi Senior member

How is fit on u-meck from GAP x GQ vs JE u-neck? I want to buy few, but not sure which size to get, at some people say that the fit is the same, so people say to size down. But most talk only about the villain. Can someone say for the t-shirt?

4. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

I wonder what the production run was like, it was already sold out in all of the Toronto locations except the Varsity and the jeans.

Varsity actually looks like the best bang for the buck in terms of value and quality, the jeans were a huge miss.

I passed on the varsity as I already own 6.

The price point was just a little 50% of what JE normally charges, so you might as well buy the actual product for its quality and fit.

Employees also said there will be no restock unlike previous collabs. Are you able to share any insights on how many pieces were produced roughly?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  5. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

Was in the Gap Santa Monica last night to check out the collections.

JE+C rack had only three varsity's left (which were a lot more substantial as far as what I was expecting for quality) and two olive villains in small and medium.

Looks like JE was the most popular.

6. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

the gap uneck compared to JE fits very similar and materials feel very similar. Most notable difference is that the u-neck and curved hem are more extreme on actual JE u-necks. But fit wise I would say same size. It seems like the gap sweatshirts fit more boxy than JE but the tees are nice and slim. My favorite pieces from this collab after getting it in aare the tees.

7. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Alright..I gotta say, after purchasing the gapxje hoodie I thought the material was great and the fit was OK. Yesterday I tried on a buddies villain hoodie and I was amazed with the quality and fitment. The large from JE fits like a glove while the medium from gapxje fit well, bit snugged but baggy on the bottom.

Visually they are both the same but the quality and fitment is def. On a differ level.

Gonna sell my gapxje villian hoodie for the real deal....

8. zetazeta

zetazeta Well-Known Member

The store I went to had a ton of the jeans and I found that the difference in the distressing between pairs were significant. Some were a lot darker with minimal distressing while others actually looked like the GQ lookbook pics. I managed to find one in my size with the distressing done right. As for the fit, it is definitely not skinny, slim at max with a bit of taper. Oh and the thighs areas is a tad roomy. Not a bad fit for me as I can't squeeze into skinny jeans but I'm still debating if I will keep these.

9. akacharlie75

akacharlie75 New Member

Hi,

Will you restock the Pitch Black on your official web site?

10. Seacrest

Seacrest Well-Known Member

I hope for a navy villian hoody next season, or exclusive web drop.

1 person likes this.
  11. rufiorufiorufio

rufiorufiorufio Senior member

please make an olive hooded villain

1 person likes this.
  12. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

JE+ x Gap Villain is good for everyday wear and trash. It's really heavy and boxy lol does not feel slim at all. I'm wearing the U-Neck JE x Gap today I'll take a picture, I'm 5'10, 150 and got a size Large.

13. echau

echau Senior member

I saw someone post that their tags on the gap collaboration had John Elliott misspelled.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. younglee

younglee Active Member

I wonder did anyone get JE+Gap sweatpants? I got size small and wondering has the real deal same fit, since it wasnt really slim that I hoped it was.. Just remembering John Elliott saying in GQ:

15. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

We did strive to produce something close to our brand, but our fit is in fact substantially slimmer.

16. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Gaps for fat Americans, of course it would never be the same sizing. I'm sure je argued it be slimmer than the patterns that were made but you can only sway so much when working with big corporate partners. This also gives regular people accessible clothing.

17. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Thanks.

I'm going to check them out tomorrow.

18. jackstenzz

jackstenzz Member

Would like to buy in large (3):
    - all 4 classic crew colorways
    - flash duel zip in grey
    - )any sweatshirts)

19. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Our website should be stocked in all of these items right now.

20. jackstenzz

jackstenzz Member

Large olive sold out.