• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYLON

Reaction score
About ten pounds and a few inches taller and take sz. 2 in them.

Generally run a bit on the small side compared to other brands but each shirt seems different. Bought both the tencel and 2 layer military short sleeve on day 1 of sale that were delivered Fri, tencel is perfect and 2 layer is tight. I'm 5' 9" 190 lbs, sized large (3) in both (my usual JE size)

Hey guys,

Thanks. Gave the short sleeve 2 layer a shot in Size 2. We'll see how it goes when they shipped.

Anyone tried the safari sweats? Is the sizing per the site accurate?

ZanderRosen

Reaction score
I have tried them on and it's funny - I love the style and the hand on the item, but the sizing is a bit off in my opinion compared to other bottoms from JE. I wear a sz. 2 in most sweats, Baseline, Escobar (sz. 1 in Kito is my only discrepancy here), but was only able to try on a sz. 3 at a local retailer and the drop crotch made it feel really difficult to move my legs forward while walking. I think this is due to the drop-crotch style of this item, but I could be wrong. Everyone fits differently and I have really long distance runner legs. I want to try them on again just so I can make sure they're not for me because I honestly love the style.

ZanderRosen

Reaction score
Generally run a bit on the small side compared to other brands but each shirt seems different. Bought both the tencel and 2 layer military short sleeve on day 1 of sale that were delivered Fri, tencel is perfect and 2 layer is tight. I'm 5' 9" 190 lbs, sized large (3) in both (my usual JE size)
The two layer fit me much tighter as well, I think due to the both the material used and the stylistic difference. I wear both to work in my office (business casual, haha) quite often, actually jumping on a plane and headed into work, got my black two layer in my bag for me to change into once I touch down. Both items are extremely versatile whether you layer or wear them without anything beneath.

My next cop is going to be more denim - the white shorts are SICK. Nicest JE denim hand IMO. They clean easily as well if you happen to get something nasty on them, which is always a plus. I was able to get a gnarly pen stain out of my Mica but it left a tiny blemish, whereas the washed denim shorts I was able to cold wash and just instantly get a stain out with a Tide pen. I am pissed about the sale because lots of pieces I love and I purchased at full price were available, but I plan on calling my credit cards and seeing if they can adjust accordingly.

trevorxflyint

Reaction score
Does anyone ever get shipping confirmations from JE? I feel like for my last few purchases I haven't received a shipping email. I just checked my account and for some reason the orders still say "unfufilled" (orders from months ago) lol

hobbes874

Reaction score

Does anyone ever get shipping confirmations from JE? I feel like for my last few purchases I haven't received a shipping email. I just checked my account and for some reason the orders still say "unfufilled" (orders from months ago) lol

I did, got one a day after my confirmation for an order during this current sale. Email originated from [email protected].

trevorxflyint

Reaction score

I did, got one a day after my confirmation for an order during this current sale. Email originated from [email protected].

Hmm strange. I mean I got the email confirmation when I initially placed the order, just didn't receive a shipping confirmation. Same happened when I ordered my black Kake a while back. No shipping confirm but I did receive the hoodie

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

peter1234930

Reaction score
New to JE, but would like to know of an opinion on their button downs. (shirts)

I'm about 145lbs, 5ft 8"
I'm 5'9" 140 and have found medium in every item to be a perfect fit. I'd go TTS if I were you.

On an unrelated note, there are some amazing deals on Kith right now. Rider jacket for $800, parkas for $280, other stuff on steep discount too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads