• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

r1ck

Reaction score
I'll prob be flamed but whatever haha. I have a pair of odeon's because I absolutely love the wash, I don't really care for the knee rips. You guys think it would be ridiculous or look ridiculous to have a tailor sew the rips back up.

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll prob be flamed but whatever haha. I have a pair of odeon's because I absolutely love the wash, I don't really care for the knee rips. You guys think it would be ridiculous or look ridiculous to have a tailor sew the rips back up.

depends how much you love the wash, if you're willing to rock jeans that have a stiching across it. not even sure you can close up the holes properly as there may be a small chunk of the fabric missing from the knee rips

r1ck

Reaction score

depends how much you love the wash, if you're willing to rock jeans that have a stiching across it. not even sure you can close up the holes properly as there may be a small chunk of the fabric missing from the knee rips

yea the odeon wash is one of the coolest i've ever seen. I actually remember a pair of slp jeans a few seasons ago with that stitching across it intentionally and that looked pretty cool, hopefully it would come out half as good as that did.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it'd be a hard job for a tailor to perform. You'd prob need a patch repair with color matching because of the loss of material. Id be nervous about the color matching because of the unique color of the denim. I'd prob go to an expert who does denim repair. You could consider denim therapy in NYC, I'm not sure who else does them. You might want to shoot them pics and see what they can do.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's too bad JE didn't make zincs or Odeons without knee blow outs. Would have really liked to have seen these or something with a straight rip (like below on the this pair of SLP) rather than full blow outs.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's doable as repaird jeans or if you want the layered look and patch with thermal material under it. If you want that normal jeans look it won't happen. Best bet is to try a repaired look. Normally it's done with a piece of material to cover the blowout and then stiching over it.

Will look something like this

Last edited:

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea the odeon wash is one of the coolest i've ever seen. I actually remember a pair of slp jeans a few seasons ago with that stitching across it intentionally and that looked pretty cool, hopefully it would come out half as good as that did.

do it! Or, if you have oodles of $$ hanging around, contact JE and ask them if they can give you a pair of the odeons before they hit the part of production where the knees get blown out. There usually is a price for anything..

for me, I would buy the Scarab's in a heartbeat if they didn't have the paint splatters on them, that killed it for me. If @John Elliott could get me a pair in 32 before it hits the part of production where paint goes on I would be so grateful.

Last edited:

gerg99

Reaction score
This is gonna be super random but any JE heads in here wear fear of god as well that can help me out with some sizing comparisons? I'm looking to cop that denim trucker but don't really have a rate of comparison since I've never tried on and fear of god. Sorry for the irrelevant post and thanks to anyone who can help out!

r1ck

Reaction score

I think it'd be a hard job for a tailor to perform. You'd prob need a patch repair with color matching because of the loss of material. Id be nervous about the color matching because of the unique color of the denim. I'd prob go to an expert who does denim repair. You could consider denim therapy in NYC, I'm not sure who else does them. You might want to shoot them pics and see what they can do.

haha I actually have two pairs of odeons, so color matching wouldn't be hard. But yea, definitely not sacrificing a whole other pair just for this(hopefully I don't haha)

It's too bad JE didn't make zincs or Odeons without knee blow outs. Would have really liked to have seen these or something with a straight rip (like below on the this pair of SLP) rather than full blow outs.

It's doable as repaird jeans or if you want the layered look and patch with thermal material under it. If you want that normal jeans look it won't happen. Best bet is to try a repaired look. Normally it's done with a piece of material to cover the blowout and then stiching over it.

Will look something like this

do it! Or, if you have oodles of $$ hanging around, contact JE and ask them if they can give you a pair of the odeons before they hit the part of production where the knees get blown out. There usually is a price for anything..

for me, I would buy the Scarab's in a heartbeat if they didn't have the paint splatters on them, that killed it for me. If @John Elliott
could get me a pair in 32 before it hits the part of production where paint goes on I would be so grateful.

thanks for all the replies and advice guys. Think I might try this repaired look and also ask the tailor(my aunt) what she can do.

Last edited:

datriz

Reaction score
I've wanted to do this to the Odeons since I got them. I own all four of the washes and I wear the Scarabs and Springs the most. Had the Zincs hemmed shorter so I can wear them rolled up in the summer and that works with them, but I would feel too guilty chopping off 4 inches on the Odeons to give them that summer look. Wash is just too sick. Just not a fan of the holes huge holes. Been contemplating sending them to Denim Therapy, but I can't seem to pull the trigger.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ended up grabbing onto these a couple months back, and the rips are dope, and after a few wears tear really nice, needed to pull it apart a little bit with my hands too though. They fit more like APC Petite Standards jeans, they're dope, but I wish they were a little more slim fit and had a length of 34 rather than 32, but I guess it fits in with the current seasons collection with the more skater look.

But agree, a rip like that is cool bc it is way more subtle

Gmas

Reaction score

This is gonna be super random but any JE heads in here wear fear of god as well that can help me out with some sizing comparisons? I'm looking to cop that denim trucker but don't really have a rate of comparison since I've never tried on and fear of god. Sorry for the irrelevant post and thanks to anyone who can help out!

Join the FoG Facebook group...there's a few guys in there who seem to buy everything so I'm sure you'll get your answer.

There's the FoG thread on KTT as well, but a lot more nonsense there to wade through.

Last edited:

Tayne

Reaction score
Just copped the Stretch Graphite jeans in 32 from JE Website. Looks like they have a 31 and 33 available still in case anybody was out there waiting for a restock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads