• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jocent Royal vs Meermin

robbieshaw1992

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with a shoe company called Jocent Royal. I was thinking of purchasing my first pair of goodyear welted shoes from them, however there aren't many people who have tried them.

As an alternative company I had Meermin in mind, who seem to have been tried and tested by many and are generally favourably reviewed. The largest positives from my perspective is that the Jocent Royal shoes are considerably cheaper and I believe I'd have to opportunity to try different sizes and/or lasts on as they're based in Melbourne where I live.

Personally value is what I am probably looking for above all else. Though this might sound petty, I'm looking for shoes that will be appropriate for work (hospital environment) whilst presenting the best price per year.

Please feel free to ask an questions if the information is inadequate.
Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance!

P.S. Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section, I'm a bit of a newbie here.

ben21652

Reaction score

Welcome!

I've had ones which is a pair of suede single monk with Jocent Royal. I've got say the quality is very good. To be frank, I personally think their price is cheaper with such good quality, totally worth it.

They offer door-to-door service, you may ask them to bring your size of shoes to you.

Hope these may be helpful for you.

robbieshaw1992

Reaction score
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your thoughts. I saw your reply to another poster on the Aussie thread :D

I emailed the company last night when I made this thread, the door to door service certainly sounds like a large bonus with respect to sizing, and the sale they are offering at the moment is very enticing.

I agree, the prices do seem incredible, particularly for their ready to wear shoes. So much so I was skeptical at first, but from the few opinions I've read/heard they seem to be promising.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads