• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jean Help

dpauly06

Reaction score
I was looking into buying a new pair of jeans and was wondering if any of you could recommend a few, I would prefer that they cost no more than $110 US because I am a student and therefore have a limited budget. I am looking for an every day jean that can take the wear and tear and still look nice. Thanks in advance for the much needed help.

Devin

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a rough idea of what sort of cuts/fits you tend to prefer, or what you would describe your personal aesthetic as? Are there any jeans you like now that you would like to find something similar to, albeit within your budget? Your question, as it is, is rather expansive.

dpauly06

Reaction score
Now I mostly wear AE jeans and have gotten tired of them and now I would really like a jean that would fit closer to my legs and not be so baggy. I do not know much about different cuts/fits, I was just wondering if any of you could recommend a nice pair of jeans within my budget.

tangerine

Reaction score
You could look at Levis Capital E.

You could also look at discount stores for PDC, Diesel, G-Star and the like at reduced prices.

Max

Reaction score
Levis 501. Just do it.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call Mauro's Denimbar up. New standards for 120ish.

dpauly06

Reaction score
For the Capital E 501s what color is the Vintage Blue???

tangerine

Reaction score
Kind of a blue color.

Seriously, they are widely distributed, surely there must be a store where you could see them in person?

Otherwise, the Levi's web site pics give a reasonable approximation.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience, the Levi's website makes their jeans look a lot less boring than they actually do.

nairb49

Reaction score
Agreed^^

Levi's are a good bet but they're kind of below/above your price point. I'm not too familiar with Capital E line, so that may work for you.

Its not uncommon to find Paper Denim and Cloth, Earnest Sewn around for your price, you just have to search a bit.
IMO, for 110 or so, those are excellent ways to start off.

If you're adventurous, you could have a stab at getting some Levi's Vintage Collection (LVC) off of ebay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads