• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Cigarettes? Need Help!

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny, I was just telling people about these on another forum. Other than actually going to Japan, the only place to buy them would be small independent import shop, but it won't be cheap. Japan is increasingly importing American cigarettes rather than producing themselves, so I wouldn't expect any official exports anytime soon. Googling "japanese cigarettes" yields this result: http://www.buyjap.com/

69monaro

Reaction score
I saw that website also. The only thing is that there is no information about the company at all. I started to wonder if it is a real company or just some sort of scam.

Thanks for the input. I may have to see if someone from Japan can score me some and ship them over.

Cheers,

69 Monaro

injung

Reaction score
If you live near LA, little tokyo shops often have japanese cigarettes, although no guarantees about the selection (I was able to get seven stars there)

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by injung
If you live near LA, little tokyo shops often have japanese cigarettes, although no guarantees about the selection (I was able to get seven stars there)

Seven stars/mild sevens do have official distributors in the US though, and the seem to be fairly common at most smoke shops.

In order to import other brands legally, there would probably be a lot of hassle and expense to get all the tariffs and such paid. Considering nobody knows about "alphabet" cigarettes here, it's probably not worth the trouble for most stores. You could probably get away with doing it illegally as long as you don't sell too many of them, which is probably what that website is doing, and why they're charging $10/pack.

geoff

Reaction score
Wow, 10 bucks for a pack... Plus the estimated 15 dollars for flat rate shipping.

Seems like quite a rip, especially when the pack is a maximum of $2.73 RETAIL here.

If they were actually getting these wholesale, they'd be making one hell of a profit.

I don't smoke these, so I don't know the price but the maximum I've ever seen is only 320 yen, and most cigarettes are 300 which is equivalent to $2.56

What do you want these for anyway?

69monaro

Reaction score
Two reasons. The packaging is very unique and I would give it to my brother-in-law who works in advertising. The "slide box" has garnered some press and perhaps won an award or two. Second, I don't mind having some distinctive looking cigarettes around for myself on a cold Oregon day (I'm a social smoker at best).

Geoff, you have a PM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads