• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Januszkiewicz, Bespoke shoemaker, Warsaw

damiance

Reaction score
other pictures

Rendenbach soles 6 mm, pre-cut in the tannery (not from split bends)

Cognac and white (deep inside, almost not seen) leather was used for lining

The tongue is sewn into the lining at the inner side of a foot

SimonT

Reaction score
I am going to Warsaw new month, I"ll visit him, and try to find a nice pair of boots !

Fives

Reaction score
I visited Mr. Januszkiewicz last week and can share some recent numbers for chukka boots similar to the one shown in post #54 of this thread. The cost was 2400 PLN plus 90 PLN for the shoe tree. Shipping was at cost and the expected arrival time as 8-9 weeks. As I did not speak Polish, he had to ask a neighboring merchant for translation help and thankfully the person assisted.

I'm not sure why the cost was 33% more than that quoted in the original post but it could be several things: the leather used, an adjustment to the relative strength of the USD (up ~25% against the PLN since 2010) or the result of increased demand. At the end of the day I wasn't bothered by it but I thought others might be interested in current prices. He is a very nice and accommodating man, as I found many Poles to be.

Davarpanah

Reaction score
Is his shoe trees bespoke - standard og adjusted ?

Davarpanah

Reaction score
Has anybody experienced JANUSZKIEWICZ shoes being to big? The pair he made for me, was so big, that I could take my foot out of the shoes, even when they were laced - and he of course agreed to look at them again - but the problem is still the same ? Even with laced shoes - I can take out my foot completely.

And the same thing happened with my Jan Kielman shoes - which are still too big - even though they have had two tries to fix it ?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How does TJ deal with international business? If I were passing through Warsaw long enough to get measured well, would he ship the results overseas, or would I have to bribe a hotel concierge to come and collect it for me?

Davarpanah

Reaction score
TJ - Can send it to you ! But the trouble would be to communicate with him - he understands absolutely no english or even attempts to communicate non verbally. He has send me shoes before - My third time receiving shoes now - and now their way to small :S I would look elsewhere.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, he is on the same street as Kielman, I think. And there's a hotel on that block that could perhaps send somebody to interpret.

The price of failure would be a tip to him/her, and an order at Kielman.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Update: Damian has indeed helped, and most helpfully. :) As it happens, TJ speaks no English, doesn't take plastic or PayPal, and won't give out his bank account number for wire transfers. So Damian has kindly offered to facilitate all ends of the transaction.

FWIW, the street that TJ's shop is on appears to be a semi-famous club/restaurant district. While Jan Kielman has a very visible, old-English-looking shop, TJ's is on a little square between two larger buildings about a block away. Hard to find in the evening, especially since he doesn't actually have his name over the door.

Anyway, we'll see how it all goes. Nothing fancy or fashionable-- just some classic Oxfords in the pipeline.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads