• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jake Chicago Not Paying Its Bills?

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
The CIT thing is a huge story. It's really bad for the economy and not just in the US. They provide credit for all sorts of small and medium sized companies .

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i agree, you are not fat.
tongue.gif

Oxnard

Reaction score
Man this is a tough beat for small designers, losing $20,000 worth of merchandise to a store that can't pay can have a pretty harsh effect on up and coming companies like that. Honestly though, I have seen this happen in many different retail environments(both inside and out of the fashion industry), and with the current credit crunch, this kind of stuff will be happening more and more, putting further strain on the designer/retail-outlet relationship.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CIT does a lot for a lot of small and med size business it will be bad!

Kunk- I have your **** waiting for ya this week or next.

PS- I am goatless this week. Freemans on sunday for brunch?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
would be down

paulesquire1

Reaction score
responsible retailers have a budget to place goods for future orders, pay and take in the goods they place. it is unreal how many retailers place huge orders at a show or with designers, they are produced and ready to ship, and never paid or shipped. either the retailer doesn't have the money or the buyer can't be "reached" (meaning avoiding the order placed) and can't be shipped. it happens all the time with manufacturers and retailers and standard business practice and ethics are rarely upheld in this industry.

sonicvoodoo

Reaction score
Once again blamed on department stores with their HUGE ******* sales that go back to the designer and ask them for money so their margins can be whole. Small stores don't get that, they go out of business.
department stores have always been the bane of existence for specialty shops and manufacturers alike. This is nothing new. In fact, it's the main reason I left the industry. I couldn't handle the increased leverage that dept stores had on vendors and it's much much worse today

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Stores should manage inventory much better so they don't have to sell so many things on sale, and until they do, the consumer will take advantage of them.

Take a look at a store like self edge, they don't have end of season sales at all, people know if they want their japanese denim that only self edge carries, they either need to pay full price, wait for a possible 10% off sale (a few times a year) or proxy from japan and deal with all the crap that comes along with it.

so like, you have no idea what you're talking about, right?

Cavalier

Reaction score
Jake sucks. I walked in there once two years ago, and all they had were a pair of ugly nudies and some Marc Jacobs sweaters to choose from. I am not surprised they are going out of business.

If they got in on the trends we follow here on SW, I think they could have been very viable, as those brands aren't found any where in Chicago for the most part

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
. With what I offer and the perks I give ( along with the other affiliates)EVERY Sf'er with the means should shop with me and the other affiliates first.
Transmission received sir.

Cavalier

Reaction score
I agree, about shopping with the affiliates. If you want knowledgeable help, they are the way to go
fing02[1].gif
Go to your local store, and you probably know more then most of the sales stuff and you will end up settling for stuff you don't want I give my local store (Milk Bar in Columbus Ohio) the first opportunity to sell me something, before I turn to affiliates. They are a super small store, and don't match what the affiliates have to offer , but they are down the street from me, sell APC and help throw parties/always have booze for gallery hop -- so I show them love when I can.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ouch.

Department stores suck and they possess great buying power but the greed of a designer is a part of the problem as well.
it seems like everyone wants the quick buck. It's horrible.
I am not better than anyone that's for sure but we WolfVsGoat lauches in fall it will grow at a small pace period. I will NOT sell to a department except for Barney ( if they have me) inside the U.S.
It's time to focus on quality not money.

paul- it's sad and true I blame the designer. The retailer places a larger order because they are strong armed into minimums. That has a lot to do with factory minimums so the designer can keep it's cost down.

sonic- sorry to here that.

Best,
Mauro

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah boat shoes are a ***** to find.

Originally Posted by Cavalier
Jake sucks. I walked in there once two years ago, and all they had were a pair of ugly nudies and some Marc Jacobs sweaters to choose from. I am not surprised they are going out of business.

If they got in on the trends we follow here on SW, I think they could have been very viable, as those brands aren't found any where in Chicago for the most part

sonicvoodoo

Reaction score
department stores buy off price/discounted goods up front to average out costs. Their margins on sale goods is not as bad as it seems.,,and if they get too low they return to the vendor and ask for "markdown $$$"

Manufacturers (not small designers) NEED to sell dept.stores so they must make these off price goods available. it's a catch 22

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads