• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teak are stunning!

They are! But is Teak a different name for Hickory? From the pictures it looks a bit lighter, but very close though. Maybe a new name because the wirecore is gold instead of silver.

Edit: It could be a mistake, but the new Hemmings have an increased lens width, from 54 to 55mm, also visible in the pictures.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dealan-esque glasses

w2000_q60.jpg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new Hemmings also have different temples, which are tapered (stepped) in the thickness, as well as in the length, and the wirecore is broader, similarly on the Enzo. The pin that bothers some people here is still there.

Old Hemmings Hickory.

Screenshot (602).png

New Hemmings Teak.

Screenshot (603).png

Last edited:

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Question: if I sold a pair of JMMs online, do you think people will be sticklers if I swapped the lenses?

Context: I picked up a pair of Cash in Dark Havana and had them switched to opticals with transitions. I kinda want them in Bloodstone so was thinking about purchasing a new pair and popping out the lenses and swapping them - but the tinted lense in bloodstone aren’t the same as dark Havana.

Do you think if I did this, it would be at a big loss?

yunBW

Reaction score
Question: if I sold a pair of JMMs online, do you think people will be sticklers if I swapped the lenses?

Context: I picked up a pair of Cash in Dark Havana and had them switched to opticals with transitions. I kinda want them in Bloodstone so was thinking about purchasing a new pair and popping out the lenses and swapping them - but the tinted lense in bloodstone aren’t the same as dark Havana.

Do you think if I did this, it would be at a big loss?
first when you get a transitional don’t you keep the original tinted lens?

Yes if I was a buyer I would expect to have everything original if I’m paying a reasonable amount.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
is there an eta when you're receiving it? I want to order via JMM, but they dont even have it in stock yet... and doesn't know when they will receive it which is pretty funny to me
Are JMM telling you directly they don't have the stock? The site indicates there is noir, rover and suntan available.

yunBW

Reaction score
Are JMM telling you directly they don't have the stock? The site indicates there is noir, rover and suntan available.
forgot to add *JMM store/gallery*, but yeah I texted the sale they said they don't have it in stock for the gallery this weekend. I assume they might get it next weekend if members here are receiving it next week? it's just funny how the website already states available yet the store sale has no clue when they will be receiving.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Kind of surprised the hemmings in rover are still available - they only made 100… thought they’d be gone right away. Wish they fit but my guess is they’d be way too big for me given the overall width

eddiemczee

Reaction score
first when you get a transitional don’t you keep the original tinted lens?

Yes if I was a buyer I would expect to have everything original if I’m paying a reasonable amount.
Haha you’re totally right. Failed to realize I still had the original lenses so all good it seems

Mulamoes

Reaction score
Kind of surprised the hemmings in rover are still available - they only made 100… thought they’d be gone right away. Wish they fit but my guess is they’d be way too big for me given the overall width
Same, if they were a bit smaller it would be an instant cop for me. For now I’m holding on to Saburo and the other RX frame from the Kyosho collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads