• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any of the Vanta colourway?
The only place I’ve seen it is GSC but it doesn’t look Matte at all, it’s definitely glossy. Is that how it is or are GSC using the wrong pic?
Was Vader the other matte black cw?

The arrow details on the frame are finished with a matte black coating. As far as I can tell the acetate is the same black acetate used elsewhere, although I'll compare with my Jax Noir when I receive them back next week.

The only other details are transparent smoke grey coloring at the tips of the temples and exposed wiring running along the inside.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really like how Jeffrey, who used to post here more often, has been incorporating JMM into his outfits. For example, he often wears all black and charcoal outfits nowadays, so he wears smoked grey JMMs. The color stands out, but also complements what he's wearing.

116174721_617624612271760_2275701076925316376_n.jpg
132209773_188043909647807_2635514408136334056_n.jpg
122854336_155355099635942_5055763387669253259_n.jpg

I also really like this 1970s louche tailored style. The frames aren't JMM, but JMM has a lot of these gold-colored 70s style metal frames that I think fits this sort of thing.

The Sexton and Scarpa seem like they would be good for this aesthetic

1_Sexton_Gold_Front_1.jpeg

1_Scarpa_Altan_front_f3FmJLS.jpeg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @whorishconsumer , I might be better off with eclipse or shadow then.
@UrbanComposition is there anywhere online you can see/read the plaza uomo interview?
You can buy the digital copy of the magazine here, which also includes Derek’s fantastic article on SF’s Tailors Keep and a bio of Robert Spangle. I promise it’s worth €3 :)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you! I couldn't find anything for a single issue and don't think the majority of the topics is in my lane, so this is perfect.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Downloaded! Not bad for $4, but wish there was more than one page with Jerome!
I only had a half hour with him, and wanted to zero-in on his creative process, inspiration, how he feels about frame size, etc. Gotta say he's a really nice, low-key guy. Zero air of elitism and enjoys seeing how people wear his frames.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know JMM won't show its Italian stockists on its store locator? Trying to confirm if one is a legit stockist.

diokanye

Reaction score
I ordered Fellini in argyle on sunday, monday they sent an email with info about international shipping but didnt realize until today that at the bottom they ask they I respond to confirm having read the policies for intl shipping...:facepalm:

Maybe put that in the first line haha, lost a week now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads