• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jack Donnelly Khakis

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bigsby20
Does anyone know anything about Jack Donnelly Khakis?

www.jackdonnellykhakis.com

They look top quality, Made in USA. Free Shipping. I'm thinking of trying them out just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback.

Thanks!

All I know is that their website doesn't offer information on rise measurement(s).
For proper fit it is necessary for the rise to fit as well as the waist.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
All I know is that their website doesn't offer information on rise measurement(s).
For proper fit it is necessary for the rise to fit as well as the waist.

+1. Rise looks inadequate based on the photos.

Curt

Reaction score
I am tired of cutting off my nose to spite my face by purchasing imported (euphemism for the People’s Republic of China) products. My search for American-made khaki trousers led me to two firms. The following review will appear to be a love fest for Jack Donnelly Khakis – it is not, I have no financial investment in the company. I do believe in supporting the home team by getting the word out there that this is a company worthy of our business.

All their fabrics and hand-made manufacturing originate in the USA. These are the most comfortable pair of khakis I have ever worn. The rise is generous and I appreciate that the bottoms come unfinished. Having them tailored guarantees a proper length. Unlike the other company I looked at, Jack Donnelly Khakis do not charge for shipping nor do they charge for shipping on returns. These khakis feel luxurious. I believe the padded blue and white waistband adds to the look of luxury. My next purchase will be British Khaki and Stone trousers. I also purchased a pair of shorts in Stone – 9” and they are as comfortable as the khaki trousers. In addition to the trousers, I will purchase a pair of shorts in Khaki – 9” too.

Therefore, everything made in America, free shipping (on returns too), and still less cost than the other company did even after tailoring. Mr. Donnelly provided a hand-written thank you note (that is touch of class from the past) too. Overall experience for me is these products are worth the money and my continued business.

joerssc

Reaction score
I know that this is an old thread but I wanted to praise Jack Donnelly Khakis. I have no affiliation with the company other than being a loyal customer. The pants are fantastic. The slim fits are a great fit; not too snug but flattering. The fit and finish is superb. They recently released a new light weight fabric that is equally great. The service is one of the best aspects. Gregg who I believe owns the company is a pleasure to deal with and stands behind his product 100%.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Bumping this very old thread, but can't seem to find a newer one. Are people aware of Jack Donnelly on SF these days? Seems like they recently popped back up and are offering a new run of made in USA khakis, but only in one specific fit at the moment.

Anyone with any recent experience with this brand?

PDandG

Reaction score
All I know of the new stuff is that they now make them in Austin, TX. I have an old pair of their fullest fit from several years ago. I still wear them in very casual moments.

The measurements on the hybrid fit make it sound like it would be worth a shot since I had to taper the old model quite a bit. Free returns and exchanges make me want to give these a shot. I can report back if I do.

emptym

Reaction score
If you need some khakis, I'd get these from NMWA:

They're made in LA. They're darker irl than on the site, closer to khaki than stone imo. The cut may be a bit fuller than your ideal, but you could probably size down. I'm usually a 33, but went up to 34 and could have gone down to 32. Love the fabric. It's a bit more porous and textured than the usual twill.

leadbelly2550

Reaction score
They now offer 4 different 'fits,' M1 through M4. I'm wearing a pair of the relaxed fit now. Plenty of room in the seat and thigh. Waist is fairly true to size, though.

These all come unhemmed, and the rise is a bit long. They're meant to be worn to the waist more than your hips; I wear them on the hips, but the waist might need minor tailoring. if you favor khakis that feel heavier/more substantial, and that will correspondingly last longer and potentially age better, they're a good choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads