• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by effang
i bought the ludlow blazer. fits quite nice.

i have a question tho, do these blazers have shoulder pads? or are those not actually "shoulder pads". there is definitely material in the shoulder area, i'm not sure if it is for structure purpose, or what...but i'm kinda interested in taking it out...

which color? i have the one in navy. and yes, there is some slight padding on the shoulders.

Remrem

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of J. Crew's cotton crewneck sweaters? I'm wondering if it's durable and fits slim, etc.

It's tough to bite the bullet on a sale item if it can't be returned!

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new layout... did they remove the "my posts" button?
and damn, my B&S thread looks like crap with the new setup!

edit: found the "my posts" button under forums thanks to another member

Last edited:

68stang

Reaction score
Anyone have lucky with the wool Bowery in classic fit? They are on sale and I really need some wool slacks for work. I love my cotton classic Bowery and was hoping the fit was identical. Thoughts?

aphextwin07

Reaction score
i know people love to hate on the jcrew/timex collab watches and I do agree they are kind of a rip, but damn... was honestly surprised at how good this one looks when I clicked through... and I was looking at blue-faced watches last week but decided to hold out. not sure I can justify $175 though, I'm pretty sure I saw a similar Seiko 5 for considerably less but I guess it's something to think about

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
I enjoy the look of the TImex J Crew watches. It would be impossible for me to justify spending 150+ dollars on a watch that has a few minor differences from the Timex Easy Reader.

My favorite everyday watch is the Eco Drive watches. Extremely durable, and accurate with little to maintenance required. You can get a lot of watch for under 200 with the Eco Drives
This one is well under 150.
[/URL

rdstour

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is up with the JCrew site?
I don't know if anyone noticed, but
There are a ton of products that aren't accessible if you browse through their sections, but they're linkable through search or site recommendations, such as the Timex watch above, a ton of last winter's outerwear (Millerain, Field Mechanic Jacket, Bayswater etc) and so on and so forth.

Is this a strategic move to prevent customers from buying out of season items or what? a glitch?

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would like to order both some cotton-cashmere sweaters as well as some boxershorts, unluckily nobody in the proxy thread replies with a PM, so anyone of you willing to proxy a package from the US to Germany for me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

if u still havent found a proxy yet, let me know!

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
What's the difference between online jcrew and jcrew factory items? Are factory items simply clearance items? Or, is there some difference in quality and/or fit?

warrenjl1

Reaction score

What's the difference between online jcrew and jcrew factory items? Are factory items simply clearance items? Or, is there some difference in quality and/or fit?

J. Crew Factory stuff definitely is of lesser quality. It is stuff especially made for their outlet stores. I don't know how else to explain it other than it is a bit "cheesier" than J. Crew proper items. Sizing is worse, less details, etc. The only thing I usually find wearable at the outlets is the 100% wool sweaters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads