• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

steve2318

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the Irish linen suit in Indigo??

Curious how this looks in person since none of the stores around me have it in stock.

Thanks in advance.

kraands

Reaction score
Anyone aware of any sales or coupons coming up?

I'd like to order a pair of shoes from them but refuse to pay full price.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Radagast
Received the Fireman's Jacket today. A bit disappointed. Boxier than I was expecting.

YOU THINK A FIRE MAN CAN FIGHT FIRES WITH HIS JACKET FITTING ALL SLIM AND ****??? come on mayne.

tab3076

Reaction score
You can find that purple shirt in stores, at least there were a few in the Mall of America. Does anyone know how to force J.Crew to make more Slim-Mediums? They're only thing that fit me but don't do all the styles.
frown.gif

freewilliee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tab3076
You can find that purple shirt in stores, at least there were a few in the Mall of America.

Does anyone know how to force J.Crew to make more Slim-Mediums? They're only thing that fit me but don't do all the styles.
frown.gif

still for retail price?

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
YOU THINK A FIRE MAN CAN FIGHT FIRES WITH HIS JACKET FITTING ALL SLIM AND ****??? come on mayne.
laugh.gif

I'm in agreement with radagast, though. The Fireman's Jacket is way too boxy. I ordered it online and ended up returning it to a brick and mortar store shortly after receiving it. I thought that the quality on the piece was actually pretty good, but the fit really was lacking.

It should also be noted that I'm not a particularly slender guy. I'm not fat by any means, but I have a good deal of muscle on me, as opposed to the typical slender SF member. 5'8", 160 here, and the fit was still too boxy on me in a size small. I shudder to think how it would have looked on someone slimmer than me.

tab3076

Reaction score
Originally Posted by freewilliee
still for retail price?
Some of them are slightly reduced. In my opinion they took they ugly patterns and made those in slim and those that were decent immediately sold out - online at least. Does anyone know when J. Crew typical updates the online stock?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J Crew has 6 versions of polo shirts this year.
laugh.gif

Which of these are the slimmest & longest?
Vintage Polo in Tailored Fit
Lightweight slub piquÃ
00a9.png
polo
Broken-in pocket polo
Lightweight slub polo
Lightweight vintage polo
Repp piquÃ
00a9.png
polo in tailored fit

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
damn that's a lot of fits!

laugh.gif

I missed a couple that weren't on sale.
Slim broken-in polo
Repp piquÃ
00a9.png
polo in original fit

8 fits!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads