• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's Official: JCrew Sucks

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous that NYR is getting blamed for waiting until the last minute.

If he did, he did. So what? That's his right, and J. Crew clearly advertises one-day shipping.

Whatever he did afterwards is one thing, but it's at least J. Crew's fault for making his shipment late and having it totally wrong.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Ridiculous that NYR is getting blamed for waiting until the last minute. If he did, he did. So what? That's his right, and J. Crew clearly advertises one-day shipping. Whatever he did afterwards is one thing, but it's at least J. Crew's fault for making his shipment late and having it totally wrong.
So if 100,000 people placed orders on that day, and orders arrived late to many houses, it's J. Crew's fault? It's not that easy. How can you consider the shipping methods to be satisfactory at a time of year when people kill themselves over ****? Let's not forget Arnold Schwarzenegger's search for Turbo-Man.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
my wife and i have had nothing but good experiences at Jcrew.

they gave us 50$ once.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
So if 100,000 people placed orders on that day, and orders arrived late to many houses, it's J. Crew's fault? It's not that easy.

How can you consider the shipping methods to be satisfactory at a time of year when people kill themselves over ****?

Let's not forget Arnold Schwarzenegger's search for Turbo-Man.

2 ways I can argue this:

1) A lot of responses here are blaming NYR. If you want to blame NYR for how he handled the shipment coming late, after it actually came late and wrong, then fine, I understand where you're coming from. I absolutely don't agree with the people saying that he had it coming for ordering his gifts so late. He ordered on the 21st, w/ 3 days to spare. Are YOU saying that it's his fault? After he specifically ordered with overnight shipping? That makes no sense.

2) Is it NOT J. Crew's fault? Whose fault is it, then? It's obviously someone's fault. NYR's wife was supposed to get a present on time and it didn't come. Is it his fault? He ordered a package with 200% more delay time than necessary, as advertised, and paid extra for that service. The bottom line is that the fault lies with the shipper/company. That's the way it works with huge corporations, small brick-and-mortar stores, and even B&S sellers. That's why people (and companies) take out insurance, and that's why they charge more than it costs, to overcome the inevitable shipping snafus.

It's obviously J. Crew's fault. They're the ones actually packing and shipping the items, right? If it's not actually J. Crew employees that screwed up the delivery, then it's whichever shipping company's fault, whom they're using. Ergo, it's J. Crew's fault. If the shipping company is unreliable, the customer is not wrong; it's the people who chose the shipping company.

It isn't that hard. J. Crew didn't just start holiday shipping this year. Each website (esp massive businesses) has specific deadlines when things are supposed to arrive in time, intact, and correctly. These are set ahead of schedule, and I'm sure they take past years' logs into account when setting them. If they have too many to handle, then guess what--change the deadlines and approximate delivery days! They could have hit a limit on the number of orders and from then on, declared all orders placed not guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. But I don't see how you don't blame them for making a promise to the delivery date and then failing to uphold it. Like I said, it happens sometimes, and it's up to the retailer to make up for it. But just because it happens doesn't make it not their responsibility to do so.

mmm

Reaction score
J.Crew messed up as all companies do sometimes but it seems like they tried to handle it pretty well. A lot of companies act like nothing happened when they screw you. Most people here are saying that jcrews solution to this was pretty good and that their service doesnt suck.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ridiculous that NYR is getting blamed for waiting until the last minute.

If he did, he did. So what? That's his right, and J. Crew clearly advertises one-day shipping.

Whatever he did afterwards is one thing, but it's at least J. Crew's fault for making his shipment late and having it totally wrong.

Well yes, I would agree they need to make that right, but their offer of "keep all the stuff we sent you, we'll refund the charges and send you a gift card on top of that" seems very reasonable to me. NYR is a great guy, but in this instance, I think J Crew was pretty reasonable, sorry R!!

Edited to add that all this said, I'd still be very frustrated with the whole experience if that were to have happened to me, so I understand where you're coming from NYR..

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
Why did you wait until the 21st to figure out what you were getting your wife for christmas?

+100000

J Crew cannot make up for your deficiencies as a man

xanatos

Reaction score
When is Jcrew going to change to Jcrew Sucks. since its....ya know Official

I cant believe this thread is still going.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only people here who are going to side with you are the people who already hate J. Crew for various reasons. For everyone who enjoys their products and has had good experiences with them, you just seem whiny. Neither group is going to mail you a $100 gift card and a new gift for your wife. J. Crew will. Just email them and they will make it right.

I had a nearly identical experience with them, here is their email to me:

We deeply regret the issues you have experienced on your two recent
orders.

As you point out, our great selection on the website is of little use if
you do not receive the items you order. Providing exceptional customer
service as well as exceptional clothing is our goal; and we apologize
that we have not met that standard with your jcrew.com shopping
experiences.

Please feel free to return the pants to your nearest retail store or
send them back to us using either of the prepaid labels included with
your packing slip. The fees normally associated with the use of these
labels will be waived.

If you would like to place another order for these pants, please call
one of our customer service associates at 1-800-562-0258. When you call,
please be sure to mention your order number so the associate
realizes that this order is an exchange and overrides the standard
shipping charges.

As a small token of our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience
these issues have caused, we are sending you a J Crew Gift Card
on order. You should expect to receive this gift card in
four to seven business days.

I got my gift card three days later with a hand written apology from "Tiffany." They may be a soulless corporation, but you could do a lot worse.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It was official when I said so a long time ago.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like they acknowledged the issue and offered you a very reasonable compensation package, then withdrew the offer when you deemed it unsatisfactory, after which they decided to give you the near bare bones return treatment - which is the gift card for the amount you paid. What's the lesson to be learnt if this is the case? Don't be a dick, regardless.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2) Is it NOT J. Crew's fault? Whose fault is it, then? It's obviously someone's fault. .

It's clearly his wife's fault for expecting a gift.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads