• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

italian brand mararo

whatiwear

Reaction score
hi
does anybody know the italian brand mararo? i can’t find reviews. how is the quality? just see social media post from the owner but no one else with these clothes. it seems like a very successful company but no comments from clients. i want to buy something for a friend of mine who is a huge fan of the brand but i want to know what i buy because it’s obviously very expensive.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5C0ED574-ECD2-46E0-9D0C-09746C230AE7.gif

MikeTrent

Reaction score
hi
does anybody know the italian brand mararo? i can’t find reviews. how is the quality? just see social media post from the owner but no one else with these clothes. it seems like a very successful company but no comments from clients. i want to buy something for a friend of mine who is a huge fan of the brand but i want to know what i buy because it’s obviously very expensive.

Well his real name is Mohamad Ayoubi. Word is that he just contracts his work out. So he isn't a "real" tailor. Just g "Mohamad Ayoubi Roberto" and you can see that around 2013-2014 he became a different person. Some people haver said that before his amazing transformation he was just a shop boy at a Ralph Lauren store in Dubai. Here is a link to a Mexican article about his fake persona when he did a trunk show here in Mexico: https://gobiznext.com/lifestyle/el-...aliana-que-esta-enganando-a-varios-en-mexico/

If you read into the details regarding some off his posts on Instagram you can see he is also very anti-Semitic. He also a conspiracy theorist, the thinks 5G cellular will take over our lives (this is based on his instagram stories) Pretty amazing if you ask me :bounce2:

Be careful of what you purchase through instagram....it's often times not reality... Just google his name and you will see old posts with him under a different character.

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whatiwear

Reaction score
oh. can this all be? this is a very old post. thank you for the information. but i must admit, mr. raro or what his name is, make a very good marketing. i don’t know how this is possible to fake? a life as a successful tailor... expensive life... but maybe the clothes are good. when he earn money with tailoring, than there must be customers. hello? did anyone buy something from this brand? i really want to know how the quality is from first hand.

Marshak

Reaction score
oh. can this all be? this is a very old post. thank you for the information. but i must admit, mr. raro or what his name is, make a very good marketing. i don’t know how this is possible to fake? a life as a successful tailor... expensive life... but maybe the clothes are good. when he earn money with tailoring, than there must be customers. hello? did anyone buy something from this brand? i really want to know how the quality is from first hand.

The guy made money - before the COVID crisis - by scamming wealthy mexican and third world wealthy customers and now relies on his russian wife money. His ops is utterly fake and the garments were made by Mimmo Pirozzi, a well-known neapolitan address. The brand has no website since the beginning, always a clue...

whatiwear

Reaction score
this sounds like material for a movie. fashion crime movie. ?
i know pirozzi or better i heard about him but it’s high quality then, isn‘t it? i wanted to see people in mararo and looked at pinterest. just fashion pics of the owner and positive fashion articles „pitti fashion icon“ etc. when he is a scammer, why does nobody knows?
it’s none of my business, but know the whole story is fascinating me. why did you know all these facts? about his wife and from where the money comes from and who make the clothes... you got me! ??

Darthkatzs

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this thread. Don’t waste your time with him. I actually own some things from when he had a store in Milan. They had to remake a shirt and he told me it would ship in a week. After two weeks I mailed him. Got no reply. Then mailed him again. Got an excuse with another delay. Long after that delay I mailed him again. He literally told me he never wanted to sell me anything again lol. Even though I was the one that should be complaining. All I did was ask him where my shirt was.
He’s all fake. Told me he sold at Harris’s, they never heard of him. Told me he was gonna do business with Oger in the The Netherlands, probably not knowing I was quite a good customer there (cause they didn’t do business with him either) and he told me he worked at Tom Ford which I’m pretty sure he never got any further than a sales rep.
Don’t give your money to him. Go directly to the people he uses to make it look like he’s a tailor. They are the actual talent.

whatiwear

Reaction score
this sounds like material for a movie. fashion crime movie. ?
i know pirozzi or better i heard about him but it’s high quality then, isn‘t it? i wanted to see people in mararo and looked at pinterest. just fashion pics of the owner and positive fashion articles „pitti fashion icon“ etc. when he is a scammer, why does nobody knows?
it’s none of my business, but know the whole story is fascinating me. why did you know all these facts? about his wife and from where the money comes from and who make the clothes...
Sorry for bumping this thread. Don’t waste your time with him. I actually own some things from when he had a store in Milan. They had to remake a shirt and he told me it would ship in a week. After two weeks I mailed him. Got no reply. Then mailed him again. Got an excuse with another delay. Long after that delay I mailed him again. He literally told me he never wanted to sell me anything again lol. Even though I was the one that should be complaining. All I did was ask him where my shirt was.
He’s all fake. Told me he sold at Harris’s, they never heard of him. Told me he was gonna do business with Oger in the The Netherlands, probably not knowing I was quite a good customer there (cause they didn’t do business with him either) and he told me he worked at Tom Ford which I’m pretty sure he never got any further than a sales rep.
Don’t give your money to him. Go directly to the people he uses to make it look like he’s a tailor. They are the actual talent.
wow! Unbelievable that he is still doing business. Thank you for your answer. This helps me a lot.

Mirage-

Reaction score
My fiancé is a Michelin star chief. He usually going to taste some plates from other restaurants, to make his own creations better. Maybe Roberto went to all this mentioned tailors to study his own product he produced and increase his knowledge, who knows. As what I saw in person he is doing a great job and if you can’t visit him, just watch some of his videos were he cuts his suites that are totally different from other tailors doing. Really impressive! So I don’t trust haters or gossip opinions, maybe they are writing this because they can’t afford his stuff or maybe because they are not successful as he is. Think about it! I visited so many factories in Naples in the past, trust me all of them are lying that they produce for big names just to sell you their cheap stuff, there is so many scams behind their job.

Me and my future husband had a vacation in July 2021 in Amalfi cost and I wrote an email to make an appointment and visited his atelier in Casalnuovo. Their driver picked up us from an airport of Naples. So the facts show me different things written here about Roberto and his business. I never saw such factory as he has in all Italy as I had a lot of experience working as a fashion buyer in the past.

Roberto, his family that he doesn’t share in social media, his people working in Mararo atelier are absolutely lovely, we had a great time and we saw all the process ourselves, fabrics, all the tools and equipment he uses. Such a great experience! Now this November 2021 my fiancé already received his bespoke suit as we ordered. He is enthusiastic eater and has a very particular body but Mararo suit looks so great on him, looks as he lost 15 kg. The fit it’s just magic!!! Very clean hand-stitching and details, this suit has not all that common defects and mistakes that local Neapolitan tailors making. It’s totally different work. Art work! Bravo! Just only after one fitting! Not 3 or 5. We had only one fitting few days after first measurements! The suit is perfect!!!
I honestly believe a person I met and had an experience and I saw his way of working using my own experience, our suit we made in his atelier and my own critical skeptical mind, not words of others I’ve heard before.

Really highly recommend. You will throw all the jackets you have in your wardrobe using Mararo stuff. It’s quite expensive but it worth every cent. I’m sure there is a lot of satisfied clients like us but don’t think they will stay in this forum.
This is hilarious.
I probably don't need to point out this is obviously a fake account writing his first post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads