1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

IT Professional in Greensboro, NC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkbucksot, Feb 1, 2013.

1. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

+1 on the possible made-to-measure ("MTM") suggestion. MTM is a great idea if you're willing to pay a bit more.

The travelling Hong Kong tailors such as Joe Hemrajani with MyTailor can also make a good MTM shirt. It may be worth checking to see if they travel near your area or will be in town. It's best to have a fitting done (If you go into Brooks Brothers for MTM, they will do this as part of the process as will a Hong Kong tailor if you meet in person) but you can always supply your own measurements online with the Hong Kong tailors, get one shirt done and make adjustments until they get it perfect. I suspect that MyTailor will be less expensive than Brooks Brothers MTM based on a few discussions I've had with some people in Brooks Brothers' NY flagship but it can't hurt to get a price quote from Brooks Brothers (I haven't used them personally as I've always felt that CEGO in NYC or MyTailor offered better value so I can't vouch for quality). Perhaps there is a decent local shirtmaker in NC; can't hurt to do a search of StyleForum on that one.

If you go the MTM route, make sure to get shirts with a decent quality cotton. The cheapest MTM options will often involve rather poor quality cloth. The cheapest cloths from MyTailor are pretty bad but once you get to their $80+ range, it gets better.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. jkbucksot

jkbucksot Member

Ah ok great. There is a BB near my work. I am sure there has to be something around here because its called the Triad Cities. Three decent sized cities withing 15 mins of each other.

I will be looking around and also asking some guys from work.

Thanks for the info and a possible starting point.

3. jkbucksot

jkbucksot Member

I know I don't dress as nicely as I need to now, what kind of jeans would you suggest?. $60~$80 would be an ideal price range to start.

4. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  5. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Since you're in Greensboro, home of VF, skip the levis and go with Lee or Wrangler.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013