• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia vs Zegna

KING332

Reaction score
Solo 8 is around €9000-€10k and 12mil Zegna around over 10k, around 11-12k€
But again, in general Solo 8 is available just for MTM
I would chose Solo 8 any-day thanks to more consistent fabric, 12mil is too delicate...you can wear that suit only standing up
I think Colombo has the right balance since they offer 12.8, still kind of delicate but not that aggressive
Isaia Solo 8 starting 9500$ and can run 14.000$
Zegna 12mil starting 10.000$ and can run 13.000$
Isaia MTM starts 7000$ and can run 15.000$
Zegna MTM starts 6000$ and can run 14.000$

I am not sure MTM prices

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are also more Zegna suits out there. Much easier to find new ones on sale at a multitude of merchants.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zegna has a very wide range, from very good quality full canvassed suits to fused items like their Z Zegna line. At the high end, I like Zegna's products but I personally prefer Isaia's cuts and style. Quality wise, I'd put them on par. As far as I know, Isaia does not have a lower end line of items similar to Z Zegna.

Napolizzi

Reaction score
Zegna has a very wide range, from very good quality full canvassed suits to fused items like their Z Zegna line. At the high end, I like Zegna's products but I personally prefer Isaia's cuts and style. Quality wise, I'd put them on par. As far as I know, Isaia does not have a lower end line of items similar to Z Zegna.

zegna is targeted for more formal look, whereas isaia is for more smart casual, or even just casual. i think zegna quality wise is better but you gotta go for the main line

i wouldnt go for any of the other zegnas, like sport or Z etc

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isaia Solo 8 starting 9500$ and can run 14.000$
Zegna 12mil starting 10.000$ and can run 13.000$
Isaia MTM starts 7000$ and can run 15.000$
Zegna MTM starts 6000$ and can run 14.000$

I am not sure MTM prices
Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 12.29.59 PM.png

KING332

Reaction score
[/QUO Which one is more expensive Isaia or
Which one is more expensive?
İn both RTW and MTM suits Isaia expensive than Zegna this is what ı know

Napolizzi

Reaction score
also how did isaia suddenly become such a popular brand, most of their blazers and shirts make you look like a clown, they are way too in your face and i have some of their shirts from the old label when it was a better brand and there is nothing good about tthem

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also how did isaia suddenly become such a popular brand, most of their blazers and shirts make you look like a clown, they are way too in your face and i have some of their shirts from the old label when it was a better brand and there is nothing good about tthem

That's a silly assessment. Like Zegna, Isaia has a fairly wide range of styles, from more traditional patterns, material and cuts to more modern and rather, admittedly, very fashion forward.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isaia tends to employ a lot of color and pattern in the sport coats for sure. They do have more subdued offerings but then it begs the question; why pay the premium if you can get something similar from a Zegna for less.

Napolizzi

Reaction score
Isaia tends to employ a lot of color and pattern in the sport coats for sure. They do have more subdued offerings but then it begs the question; why pay the premium if you can get something similar from a Zegna for less.

exactly, i would choose zegna everytime. even the more sophisticated isaia jackets just dont do it for me, i dont even think they do casual blazers well, the off the rack blazers tend to come up quite short and all the ones i looked at had the same 2 button design

but i wouldnt even choose zegna tbh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads