• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia models

sldsd

Reaction score
I have bought 8 sportcats from their Serravalle outles, always 80%off. Stock level is always pretty good (at least for my size EU48)

clintonf

Reaction score
Seems like a great dude (honestly didn't know his name until you mentioned above) and he even sent me a box of chocolates last year for the holidays! (I guess I purchased a good amount of stuff so I guess it was a thank you haha).

He was a member on here and I've had quite a few transactions with him (albeit several years ago). Based upon that, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Clint

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a long time that don't follow isaia, but just find that all the sportscoats i see, on their official site and NW BG etc, are 2b.

do they not produce 3r2 now?

papado

Reaction score
i have a long time that don't follow isaia, but just find that all the sportscoats i see, on their official site and NW BG etc, are 2b.

do they not produce 3r2 now?

I have 2 jackets which are 3r2 but I don't believe it's a common configuration now. You'll likely need to find a make for a specific retailer who ordered it as I wouldn't expect you to find it on their main site and merchants

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 jackets which are 3r2 but I don't believe it's a common configuration now. You'll likely need to find a make for a specific retailer who ordered it as I wouldn't expect you to find it on their main site and merchants
thank you for your advice:thumbs-up:

do you know why they dislike 3r2 now?

suitedcboy

Reaction score
When you wear a 3R2 and someone comments, "that is a good way to make a 3 button look better" it can change your opinion of that style. It is a way that some consignment shops take a 3 button they can't move and press it to make a 3R2. Usually it shows but not in every case.

Mokwit

Reaction score
When you wear a 3R2 and someone comments, "that is a good way to make a 3 button look better" it can change your opinion of that style. It is a way that some consignment shops take a 3 button they can't move and press it to make a 3R2. Usually it shows but not in every case.

Temporary I am sure. I have a true 3 button pressed this way by the seller and it makes for an unhappy 2 1/2 roll 3. The inverse of that is a 3 roll 2 usually being pressed by dry cleaners as a 3 button - some like Caruso can't really be pressed that way, while a Kiton can - I have a S180 recovering naturally right now.

As far as I am aware the collar and lapel are cut so that way and it won't really accommodate long term any attempt to press it up or down a button.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had dry cleaner f up 3 roll to 2 before too…, took to an alteration tailor that I trust enough to have them press it back…

dbv2

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Gregory or Capri models? I have two Gregory Suits and thinking of trying a Capri. I think the Capri might be shorter/slimmer with nor shoulder pads, but not sure. Thanks!

Johnny80

Reaction score
for me Capri is on point when comes to back length
For size 48 for example Gregory the jacket length is 76cm while on Capri model is 72

dbv2

Reaction score
for me Capri is on point when comes to back length
For size 48 for example Gregory the jacket length is 76cm while on Capri model is 72
Thanks - I wear a size 38s or 48 Euro size. I prefer a shorter length. Do you think a 38 regular will be ok or should I get a 38s?

yusufhar

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to buy an Isaia suit. However, the label is different from any other Isaia I have seen. Any idea if it is authentic?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 8.21.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 8.21.38 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 8.22.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 8.22.21 PM.png
    476.9 KB · Views: 296

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads