• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is styleforum turning off new members?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I joined a few days ago and it hasn't been a bad experience at all.

But I'm not sure how typical I am, because I do go through a lot of the old threads, and do searches for lots of different topics, and only search if it's something I can't find after a comprehensive search.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is that people come here expecting us to tell them how great they look. When they hear otherwise, they get mad.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
I havent been a member here too long, and I havent had a problem. I think if youre easily offended by someone on an internet forum, you probably shouldnt be on one in the first place.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
[/b]

this is very true,theres about 6-8 guys that have membership in that circle,you know who you are

We want names...
laugh.gif

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
We want names...
laugh.gif

easy to spot them,always congratulating each other on their vast knowledge and master of the universe type experiences or defending each other when you ruffle the feathers a bit,its also often referred to as "the inner (jerk) circle"

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
easy to spot them,always congratulating each other on their vast knowledge and master of the universe type experiences or defending each other when you ruffle the feathers a bit,its also often referred to as "the inner (jerk) circle"

That is a fair assessment...

It is like in any organizations , the inner circle doesn't to promote upper-mobility from the newer members..

They only tend to recruit slaves to their sartorial dogma...

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score

the rite of initiation is to post in the Rubinacci thread. doesn't matter what about. you can be as inane as you want. the key is to just post.

you will then have begun the first step of the journey, my son.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig
the rite of initiation is to post in the Rubinacci thread. doesn't matter what about. you can be as inane as you want. the key is to just post. you will then have begun the first step of the journey, my son.
smile.gif

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
That is a fair assessment...

It is like in any organizations , the inner circle doesn't to promote upper-mobility from the newer members..

They only tend to recruit slaves to their sartorial dogma...

also the young wolf can smell when an old wolf doesnt have it anymore,so the old wolf barks and gnarls a lot but in reality he's got nothing left in the tank

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
I havent been a member here too long, and I havent had a problem. I think if youre easily offended by someone on an internet forum, you probably shouldnt be on one in the first place.

+1

It's the frigging internet. Man up and grow a pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads