• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it snub not to drink Coke/Pepsi?

Vito

Reaction score
I avoid Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi because the sweetener (aspartame) gives me headaches. I drink Diet RC instead -- it's sweetened with Splenda. I also think RC Cola products taste better than anything made by Pepsi or Coke, and they're less expensive.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i only drink water, feshly made juices, tea, and coffee. why waste caloric intake on soda?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Would you like a side of arugula with your snub?

Hmm, is it organic?

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Aren't you guys concerned with aspartame? If you read about it, it can cause a lot of health risks. Splenda is no safe alternative either. I think it's silly to drink anything containing those two substances if you can consume sugar. Want to loose weight? Drink club soda.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The aspartame hate is
tinfoil.gif

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Right..so is rBST and agent Orange..or so they thought when it was first produced.

I'm not saying we should all support some crazy conspiracy theory involving aspartame, but unless you are diabetic there really is no excuse to justify even a slight risk, when you can just drink less sugar.

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Aren't you guys concerned with aspartame? If you read about it, it can cause a lot of health risks. Splenda is no safe alternative either. I think it's silly to drink anything containing those two substances if you can consume sugar. Want to loose weight? Drink club soda.
I noticed a pattern of headaches and nausea after consuming products sweetened with aspartame, so I now avoid it. I continue to eat and drink products sweetened with Splenda because I haven't experienced any problems. It's just a matter of personal preference, not any kind of medical or political agenda.

And if I were concerned about "health risks", I would have given up beer drinking a long time ago.
rotflmao.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads