• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 3.0

theguy

Reaction score
I think the 3.0 software comes out the 17th and the phone comes out the 19th.
I may pick up the new phone since I have the original iphone. If I had the 3g already I wouldn't care about upgrading.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh poor me, I feel so victimized???

Havent heard anything about it. Likely more of the same.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like an excuse to introduce a model with more storage (32 gigs). I bought my 8GB 3G iPhone back in December. Getting it for $99 would've been nice, but I've used it for far too many productive things since then to really regret not holding off.

The updates are what I'm excited about.

Clemson

Reaction score
The update is bullshit anyways - ATT still doesn't allow MMS or tethering. Copy and paste will be nice but other than that, nothing special.

HHD

Reaction score
I'm still using the 2G iPhone, so I'll probably jump for the update. I'm mildly disappointed that rumours of a matte case were unfounded, as I don't much like the 3G's shiny case.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clemson
The update is bullshit anyways - ATT still doesn't allow MMS or tethering. Copy and paste will be nice but other than that, nothing special.
Both are coming before the end of the year. Tethering will probably be lumped in with the everything data plan. MMS will be standards on all the iPhone plans.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's too bad the iPhone OS 3.0 is such a mild upgrade. If it had multitasking, haptic feedback and if the new iPhone had an oled display I'd consider getting it. It's Palm Pre for me!

Clemson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
It's too bad the iPhone OS 3.0 is such a mild upgrade. If it had multitasking, haptic feedback and if the new iPhone had an oled display I'd consider getting it. It's Palm Pre for me!

Everything data meaning unlimited data plus messaging? Or just the unlimited data? Otherwise, everyone would get tethering for free (since you must have an unlimited data plan to have an iPhone) - I'm not sure if ATT would do that.

Mauby

Reaction score
I assume it's still going to be AT&T exclusive? I wouldn't mind an iPhone...I just hate the AT&T network. Where I live & work, t-mobile works so much better.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will be happy to get an Iphone for ~$200 or less as long as it has a relatively serious camera. The update with 3 megapixels seems like a good start. I'll see what is available on the market Iphone or unlocked next winter/spring.

HHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy

Multitasking is important, oled would be nice, but haptic feedback makes my skin crawl for some reason.

Pre won't be out in Europe until the end of the year though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics