• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interview with Luca Rubinacci, Part 2

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In both cases I was talking about marketing. It's one thing to take or refuse clients; it is another to choose to discuss them.

Obviously, you are implying that finance is not honest, fair, or productive. This a commonly held belief among people who don't understand what the financial industry does, and/or listen to the financial crisis era political blowhards that needed a scapegoat other than themselves.

The "productive" issue is laughably ridiculous and hardly needs to be addressed. Have fun with no financial system. It is only morons who think that an industry needs a tangible widget output product (etc) to be a productive.

Is every person in every financial firm fair and honest? Obviously not. But I'd put them up against any other industry. Don't act like every tailor, plumber, contractor, waiter, lawyer, doctor, and chef is a saint. And people in the financial industry are subject to inordinately more regulations and expectations, and often have inordinately more exposure to situations where honesty and fairness are critical.

I think someone suggested you were an economic professor or something like that in a thread years ago, so I would think you'd know and appreciate these things to some extent. There is, of course, plenty of room for academia to be disconnected from reality, and the major leftist bent as well. Thus my response.
Damn...No suits for anybody then I guess...

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just another clarification. It's not that he should be ashamed to sell. Luca, as any lucent person, knows his interview is part of the firm's marketing aparatus. I'm am surprised at the choice to inject that image into the firm's marketing aparatus, that is all.

Not nice to make fun of Luca's shiny bald dome.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just another clarification. It's not that he should be ashamed to sell. Luca, as any lucent person, knows his interview is part of the firm's marketing aparatus. I'm am surprised at the choice to inject that image into the firm's marketing aparatus, that is all.

Maybe that is a market Rubinacci wants to build on, who knows if his choice of story was incidental, or purposeful...

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

He's clearly interested in making Rubinacci a worldwide brand, and that's been a large part of his role in the company, so to the extent that he meant to make that a part of his marketing pitch, I think that's why.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He's clearly interested in making Rubinacci a worldwide brand, and that's been a large part of his role in the company, so to the extent that he meant to make that a part of his marketing pitch, I think that's why.
Yes, that's probably the idea. Nevertheless, I consider it to be detracting from his image to market selling suits to Kazak politicians.
!luc

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that you guys are taking this out of context. As I read it, that was just a funny anecdote. While what Luca does is marketing, that was not marketing copy, just a story to tell an interviewer. That said, we may have inadvertently just done our first piece of gotcha journalism! In other news, oil sheiks might also be bespoke clients! (Dolce&Gabbana and other non-SF approved brands are reserved for the younger set of corrupt countries.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads