• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interest check: Roberto Ugolini trunk show in NYC this January.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All -

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Antonio Ciongoli and I'm the creative director of Eidos Napoli, a new project rooted in tailored clothing from the Isaia group. I'm currently in the process of designing next fall's collection, which is largely inspired by the city of Florence and its longstanding history of artisanship. With this in mind, I have been talking with one of my favorite Florentine artisans, the bespoke shoemaker Roberto Ugolini, about the possibility of hosting him for a trunk show at our New York showroom during my upcoming market week this January. That said, I want to make sure a visit for him will be worthwhile so I thought a good place to commence an interest check would be the SF community.

For those of you who haven't heard of or know much about Signore Ugolini, the site Gentlemen's Gazette wrote a fairly comprehensive history here. In a quick summation, Most famously known for being the creator of Vass' U-Last, Roberto is a highly skilled shoemaker that produces an elegant, entirely hand made product at a price that is quite reasonable in comparison to his contemporaries.

As I mentioned above, the tentative plan right now would be to host him at the Eidos showroom in midtown during the middle of January for 2-3 days. I have no word on pricing yet but know will update this thread accordingly once I confirm. Please feel free to respond or PM me with any questions you may have about setting an appointment.

Thanks,
AKC

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All -

If this does work out, Roberto will be coming to NYC from January 16th-19th. Still waiting to hear about prices and will update as soon as I know something.

Its really about whether we can drum up enough business to make the trip worthwhile for him. That said,if you are interested, please shoot me a PM and I can pass along his contact info. to set an appointment.

-AKC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics