• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inspiration

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the best film I have seen in quite some time.

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
A recent one for me is No Country for Old Men. It's hard to find good pics though. It pushed me over the edge to start buying western shirts and wearing boots more often, though not cowboy boots.

noCountryForOldMen-1024.jpg

Anyone know what denim jacket this is? I like the color and the minimalist style. Thanks.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Hmmm...

40's advertisement

Kurt Cobain

Phat Guido (Amazed more people haven't mentioned him, he's inspiring as FUK.)

Hobos

Freshness wherever it presents itself.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the best film I have seen in quite some time.

YES - i loved the costumes in that movie! not so much the movie though.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
tried to take a little more casual take on inspiration since all the sartorialist pics have formal down pat

a lot of these may be a little ordinary or nothing new but if you click on the larger version its little things like the colored specs in the herringbone, the hammered texture of the necklace, the disheveled look of the boots he's wearing, the electric bright colors in that scarf, his green driving mocs, his rolled up shorts etc etc etc . . .

and i'm not a fan of tara reid or that douche she's with i just really like that hoody . . .

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I inspire me.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact Brian Austin Green ***** Megan Fox is inspiring. That hobo fit abortion with checkerboard vans from junior high...not so much.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
thats actually jamie dornan (dior homme, kiera knightly's ex, marie antoinette)

i liked it bc it was baggy, and to be able to see someones athletic/slim build through an outfit as baggy as that can only be pulled off by a certain handful of people.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm inspired by design itself - the persuit of an individualized aesthetic, not one that is pre-crafted by someone else.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Did you post that already?

A thousand pardons then if that is the case.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alfie9.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads