• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inexpensive Italian cut suits

crazyjackdavis

Reaction score
I'm looking for Italian cut suits in the mold of a Canali that aren't as expensive, maybe in the 400-600 price point.

I know many people say you can find Canali suits for this price, but I've been unable to do so.
I'm thinking there must be brands that follow this cut, or a similar Italian cut.

Thanks!

wind88

Reaction score
Try ebay and B&S section here. You can get a brand new Canali quite easily for around 400-600. Just keep browsing them if there isn't what you want right now. Unless you need the suit soon then you will have to wait for other members to give you some suggestions.

francoamerican

Reaction score
I've asked similar questions so I'll follow up with some things I would recommend clarifying to help the experts here steer you right:

1. How much time/interest do you have in frequently checking eBay, the "outlet" style websites or timing your purchase to coincide with reoccurring sales? Obviously much of what comes on sale when going discount one way or another will not be your size or desired fabric etc. - as opposed to buying from a retail source who often carry a full range of sizes and fabrics.

2. Do you feel like you can navigate the dangerous ebay waters in terms of spotting frauds, checking seller references (by back searching on here for example) and not getting sucked into bidding wars.

3. Are you a difficult size or have odd features that would make purchasing over the internet more difficult. (e.g. exceptionally tall or short thin etc)

4. Is it important that you have a full wardrobe of suits and would you like to source something in your price range that is repeatable with some frequency. If you're looking for a special occasion suit it's less of an issue.

5. How much are you willing to stray from your original vision (of an italian suit - obviously canali is brilliant I just don't think it's easy to find for 500) in pursuit of "quality" or craftsmanship?

That said here are a couple of ideas: The ebay store "rralphystore" has polo "made in italy" suits in the 500 range. I haven't bought from them but I've read good reviews. They also have a money back return policy.

Joseph bank has signature gold suits that are very conservative in the 400-500 range on sale that are half canvassed.

tmlewin.co.uk has 2 button half canvassed suits that are quite trendy (I have a very slimly cut 2 button suit from them)

best,

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
We carry a beautiful Made in Italy Fully canvassed 120's wool suit for under $300. I have over a dozen new fall swatches the quality is exceptional for the price . Let us know if your interested. I can shoot you some fabric samples. We also have BCBG's line not the cheap "attitude" stuff, but there better goods starting at $399. Not listed its out of the price point of my shoppers but let me know if youre intersted. Free shipping on orders over $150. Money back if you are not satisfied for any reason.

http://www.garmentmerchant.com/index.php?cPath=26

cvac

Reaction score
What is it about Canali specifically that you like? If you can point out the features that you like, I'm sure someone can make some other brand suggestions for you.

Re: buying a nice Italian suit at a good price:

If you sign up for sierratradingpost.com 's "dealflyer" mailing list, you will eventually (in a matter of weeks ) be sent a 20% off ecoupon that you can use toward a suit. I think buying a Corneliani from them at around $700 would represent a very low risk (they have an incredible return policy) compared to trolling the B&S forum or scrounging ebay for something you can't return if there is a problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads