• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy Boots/Alden 405

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Ok,
I really want a pair of Indy Boots/Alden 405's. However, they are upward of 400 dollars, and I simply dont want to spend that much money.

What are some cheaper alternatives to this boot, that have the same style, or look close enough, or that are even replicas.

I KNOW! Alden's are good quality shoes and if i want them then I should get the authentic ones, I've heard it before, I've guessed it this time, however, I just want the style. Any advice?

If youre selling indy boots also contact me.

jojo1

Reaction score
Check with Shoe Mart in Connecticut. They have a website, and are (I think) the only outlet for Alden seconds. You need to contact them for a list of seconds in your size, and they'll send you an email with photos. The seconds are not listed on their site. They often carry Indy boots at a pretty substantial discount, with no noticeable defect (or if there is one, likely to be completely unnoticeable after a couple of wears). If they don't have any in your size, keep trying back as their seconds change pretty regularly.

joegrec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis
Ok,
I really want a pair of Indy Boots/Alden 405's. However, they are upward of 400 dollars, and I simply dont want to spend that much money.

What are some cheaper alternatives to this boot, that have the same style, or look close enough, or that are even replicas.

I KNOW! Alden's are good quality shoes and if i want them then I should get the authentic ones, I've heard it before, I've guessed it this time, however, I just want the style. Any advice?

You can also try red wing gentleman traveler. Pretty nice and cheaper then the Aldens.

But to be honest I would not give in. Alden indy's are an amazing boot. I love mine.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Well yes the idea is that I want to own them and its not that I dont want to dish out that much money, its that I really cant dish out that money.

Which is why I'm looking into something to hold me off until I can get enough cash; god knows when that'll be.

Any other suggestions?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis
Ok,

http://www.toddscostumes.com/product...oorsmans-Shoe/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads