• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In search of navy blazer for tall slim

Terpo

Reaction score
I've been looking for a navy blazer for a while, without success. I am 6 3 (190cm) and slim. Size 38.

So far have tried most of the SuitSupply collection and LBM without success.

Willing to spend up to ~$500 as long as the quality is right. So far haven't looked at any fully canvassed options, but I would be happy to have a look at some. I saw some on ehaberdasher, but nothing in navy, unfortunately.

I would be grateful for any suggestions, brands available in Europe preferred.

sansimeon

Reaction score
I've been looking for a navy blazer for a while, without success. I am 6 3 (190cm) and slim. Size 38.

So far have tried most of the SuitSupply collection and LBM without success.

Willing to spend up to ~$500 as long as the quality is right. So far haven't looked at any fully canvassed options, but I would be happy to have a look at some. I saw some on ehaberdasher, but nothing in navy, unfortunately.

I would be grateful for any suggestions, brands available in Europe preferred.

What sizes have you tried on? I'm 6'2 and 40L in both SS and LBM fits me.

If the sleeves are slightly short you can always have them lengthened.

Terpo

Reaction score
What sizes have you tried on? I'm 6'2 and 40L in both SS and LBM fits me.

If the sleeves are slightly short you can always have them lengthened.

I tried the equivalent of 38R from LBM and the equivalent of 38L and 40L from SS in two different fits. Will try a third fit in 38L from SS.

It's the overall jacket length that was too short in LBM, didn't have any Ls in stock.

sansimeon

Reaction score
I tried the equivalent of 38R from LBM and the equivalent of 38L and 40L from SS in two different fits. Will try a third fit in 38L from SS.

It's the overall jacket length that was too short in LBM, didn't have any Ls in stock.

Sounds strange that the long jackets from SS are too short, unless you've tried their shortest jackets like the Copenhagen?

LBM jackets are very modern fitting and short in the body, but they're usually casual models so I think it looks ok. My LBM is way shorter than SF standard, but it's a super casual, almost cardigan-like cotton jacket.

If nothing from SS fits you , my advice is to try something from a more conservative brand as they tend to be longer. You can always have it taken in for a slimmer fit.

Terpo

Reaction score
Sounds strange that the long jackets from SS are too short, unless you've tried their shortest jackets like the Copenhagen?

LBM jackets are very modern fitting and short in the body, but they're usually casual models so I think it looks ok. My LBM is way shorter than SF standard, but it's a super casual, almost cardigan-like cotton jacket.

If nothing from SS fits you , my advice is to try something from a more conservative brand as they tend to be longer. You can always have it taken in for a slimmer fit.

The longs from SS are not too short. They are fine lengthwise. The Havana in long had and X forming around the button though and a size up was too baggy.

sansimeon

Reaction score
The longs from SS are not too short. They are fine lengthwise. The Havana in long had and X forming around the button though and a size up was too baggy.
Ahh I see! You might have to settle with something a bit baggy, as long as the shoulders and length is ok you can always have it altered. The only jacket I have that fit me of the rack is a 40L tailored fit from Banana Republic. Really nice fit if your're tall and slim, but not exactly a quality garment.. Everything else needs to be taken in at the waist to fit me.

Other than that I dont have any tips on specific brands, sorry.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm normally a 44L and a 46L Havana from Suit Supply fits me like a glove. No alterations needed. For reference, I'm 6'6".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads