• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In praise of Sleevehead.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've followed this relatively unknown blogger for sometime now and I must say his recent posts detailing his travels abroad are impressive. Seems he is in the process of writing a book about it.

Enjoy.

http://sleevehead.blogspot.com/

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Cool blog Bill. Thanks.
smile.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
He posts as erasmus, though I'm not sure I've ever seen him here ...

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of the better blogs i've seen, kept me busy while its slow here. Just don't watch the bow tie video, its probably the most complicated and worst looking bow i've seen.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
He posts as erasmus, though I'm not sure I've ever seen him here ...

LARon?

Profile pic and location are perfect matches...

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A great blog. I look forward to his book.

The author is very interesting it is always a pleasure to talk to him.

novalis

Reaction score
whnay, thanks for the post and I certainly appreciate all of the kind comments. I guess I better make sure I deliver with my book in progress! We shall see how it turns out but I am hoping to make a quasi-original contribution on the topic of dressing well. Given the excellent, available literature (Flusser, manton), that's a tall order. But I'm aiming for a systematic treatment of historical style icons (illustrating and pulling together disparate concepts of style into a coherent whole) as well as a systematic assessment of different cuts/silhouettes and how to apply them to one's own situation.

I do have one open chapter. Hmm, what do you guys think if I devote it to the design and history of Wurkin Stiffs? Bad idea?
tongue.gif

novalis

Reaction score
I forgot to mention - manton is correct that I post as erasmus on AAC but on Styleforum I post as novalis. And LARon and I are different guys - nice try though, whacked!

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dig the blog, I like your style and your ability to differentiate your views on clothing from all the others by choosing very high quality, but under known makers.
Keep up the good work, Ill be reading.

Freddy Vandecasteele

Reaction score
Sleevehead and LARon, have a few things in common , they both dress very well and are passionate about their clothing
They live in the LA area and know how to select their purveyors.
Freddy Vandecasteele
smile.gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just looked at Sleevehead, and Erasmus has a pink cowboy shirt from Freddy! I think it looks awesome. A western shirt is something I've been hankering to have made up for a while.

--Andre

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andre, I followed others advice and worked with Freddy

I was impressed with his work and ordered 9 shirts

Am looking forward to further orders once my wardrobe requires it

I recommend him without reservations and his turnaround was quick

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads