• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could only have 2 sportcoats...

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would they be? Solid, patterned? Which colors? I have a fantastic patterned medium brown Zegna sportcoat that looks great on me and suits my complexion well. I would like to get 1 more but am going back and forth on what would be the best combination of versatility. Suggestions welcome!!

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic Navy SB 3-button and a tweedy windowpane number for fall/winter.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TCN
Classic Navy SB 3-button and a tweedy windowpane number for fall/winter.

Same here but I'd make the tweed herringbone

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Rare is the coat that works in more than (say) two seasons. If you need maximum weather versaility, then a 10 ounce navy is probably best.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Navy sportcoat and one in a dark brown plaid.
smile.gif

what's the best color pants to go with dark brown sportcoat? I've been wearing tan/taupe dress pants with my dark brown sportcoat, but try to get more than 1 outfit out my brown sportcoat, perhaps black/grey pants??

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suiting style, I'd have to see the trousers you're talking about, in person. And, in natural light. This is what I do, when I'm in doubt: I take the trouser or jacket outside, and see how it looks, as opposed to the way the color 'shows,' indoors. Sometimes, there's a discernible difference. Afterward, I try to find a color that complements both environments.

Regarding the two sportcoats, I'd want my black/beige/offwhite/grey boucle melange, from Armani.
8841re2.jpg

And, probably one in navy, or taupe.

Carey

Reaction score
It can go almost anywhere, and is the quintessential travel garment.

Two button, with side vents in 9 oz. serge, or diamond weave.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Depending on your coloring, navy is generally most versatile and dressy. 2- or 3-button depending on your body shape.

My two go-to jackets are a navy db and a lighter grey 3-button, both Armani. Together they cost $15, so I can afford to be reckless with them, except that replacing them will be a bummer since they both fit so well.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bigbadbuff, how do you find Zegna, so far as sizing goes? Does Zegna run small, on you? I can barely get into their 40, for some reason. Usually, I wear a 38 reg. Zegna sweaters seem to run small on me, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads