• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If style is your beautiful wife fashion should be your exciting young mistress

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
But Style is eternally beautiful, frozen at 34, charming, witty, worldy without being disenchanted. She was as such the day you married her and will be as such the day you die. She adapts but does not fundamentally change. You know who she is and she is everything you will ever want.

Fashion wakes up with smeared eyeliner. The stench of booze and last night's forgotten memories mingling with cheap, day old perfume.

Why would you ever step out?

Last edited:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm far too tired to keep up with a mistress on a daily basis. I'd rather stay at home with the wife and watch Star Trek TNG while eating a deep dish pizza. 

I am glad you are all getting into the spirit of this debate.

I myself have probably seen every episode of STNG at least 5 times. Currently I am more of a fan of DS9......(deep space nine).

My favorite is Weyoun.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am glad you are all getting into the spirit of this debate.

I myself have probably seen every episode of STNG at least 5 times. Currently I am more of a fan of DS9......(deep space nine).

My favorite is Weyoun.

Dude, listen to this. My better half and I are currently in the middle of watching every episode of Star Trek TNG from beginning to end. I'm on the road at the moment and we have both sworn to each other that we will not watch any episodes until we can do it together. I don't know if DS9 will follow this endeavor but I certainly hope it does.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, listen to this. My better half and I are currently in the middle of watching every episode of Star Trek TNG from beginning to end. I'm on the road at the moment and we have both sworn to each other that we will not watch any episodes until we can do it together. I don't know if DS9 will follow this endeavor but I certainly hope it does.

This is all purely metaphorical I assure you.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But Style is eternally beautiful, frozen at 34, charming, witty, worldy without being disenchanted. She was as such the day you married her and will be as such the day you die. She adapts but does not fundamentally change. You know who she is and she is everything you will ever want.

Fashion wakes up with smeared eyeliner. The stench of booze and last night's forgotten memories mingling with cheap, day old perfume.

You get a new mistress every couple of years to stay current and young forever. Why would you not step out if you have the means?

bertie

Reaction score

You had too much booze as well? j/k - you have very poetically captured both the difference between style and fashion as well as provided an eloquent analogy to commitment and relationships. Well done. I could not possibly top your post.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am disappoint.

Caustic man this may be devastating to you but my raison d'être is not lay myself bare and to amuse you.....

I mean really I know half of everyone here is under 22 but I'm just trying to elevate the "intercourse" here.

Last edited:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You had too much booze as well? j/k - you have very poetically captured both the difference between style and fashion as well as provided an eloquent analogy to commitment and relationships. Well done. I could not possibly top your post.

I think I had a flash of brilliance with this one too.

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score
mixing a little bit of fashion keeps things exciting and fun

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads