• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
So anyone want to make predictions that will inevitably get laughably demolished? I'll start.

Round 1

WSH - MTL -> WSH 5
NJD - PHI -> NJD 6
BUF - BOS -> BUF 6
PIT - OTT -> PIT 7

SJS - COL -> SJS 4
CHI - NSH -> CHI 7
VAN - LAK -> VAN 5
PHX - DET -> DET 6

Round 2

WSH - PIT -> WSH 7
NJD - BUF -> BUF 6

SJS - DET -> DET 7
CHI - VAN -> VAN 7

Round 3

WSH - BUF -> BUF 6
VAN - DET -> VAN 6

Final

VAN -> BUF -> VAN 6

Yep, I'm a homer.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm nervous about the Canuck's chances of getting out of round 2. I'm worried about Lou. I hope the playoffs reinvigorate him.

I think Col gets demolished by SJ. I think Heatley's style will bail out Joe.
I think Chicago destroys Nashville. Weber can't be on the the whole game.
Obviously the Canucks will defeat the Kings. =P
I think Detroit beats Phoenix.

I hope the East implodes and all teams destroy each other.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WSH - MTL -> WSH 4
NJD - PHI -> NJD 5
BUF - BOS -> BOS 7
PIT - OTT -> PIT 6

SJS - COL -> SJS 5
CHI - NSH -> CHI 5
VAN - LAK -> VAN 7
PHX - DET -> PHX 7

BOS- WSH -> WSH 6
NJ- PIT -> NJ 6

NJ - WSH -> NJ 6

SJS-PHX -> SJS 6
CHI- VAN -> CHI 7 (no one wins on the road)

CHI-SJS -> CHI 7

NJD-CHI -> NJD 6

The Devils are scary. Start of the season no one thought they'd make the playoffs out here. Yet, AGAIN, they win the division. They're not even playing that boring Devils hockey anymore, yet they are the only team in the league that hadn't allowed 200 goals against. As much as i'd love to see them down, I can't see them losing to anyone in a 7 game series, especially with the added scoring of Kovalchuk. Lets hope the Rangers throw everything at adding him next year, or a player like him.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
I've defended Crosby in the past, but I just got back from the Thrashers/Pens game today and I was happy to see Kane give Cooke this whooping:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

...not just because Cooke is a punk, but because the first 10 minutes of the game involved Kane getting a couple of clean hits on Crosby and every Pen feeling the need to save Crosby from Kane afterwards. The worst part was that goons like Godard were the ones trying to fight Kane. If Crosby is your messiah, let him fend for himself.

I actually would've felt better if Kane had knocked Crosby out because then this fight might have actually made a SC highlight.

This is GOLD!

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broduer is washed up. I cant see the devils making it to the conference finals. The sens lost Kovalev, so they should be out in 5. Philly won the season series agaisnt the devils 5-1, but then again BB is in net.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just doing the first round... Don't want to get ahead of myself too much.

EAST

WSH - MTL -> WSH in 4
NJD - PHI -> Philly in 7
BUF - BOS -> BUF in 6
PIT - OTT -> PIT in 6

WEST

SJS - COL -> COL in 7
CHI - NSH -> CHI in 5
VAN - LAK -> VAN in 6
PHX - DET -> DET in 5

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those of you predicting WSH in 4 are out to lunch. If they win, it won't be in less than 6.

Round 1

WSH - MTL -> MTL 7
NJD - PHI -> NJD 6
BUF - BOS -> BUF 5
PIT - OTT -> PIT 6

SJS - COL -> SJS 4
CHI - NSH -> CHI 5
VAN - LAK -> VAN 4
PHX - DET -> DET 7

james_gsx

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot...

EAST

WSH - MTL -> WSH in 5
NJD - PHI -> NJD in 6
BUF - BOS -> BUF in 6
PIT - OTT -> PIT in 7

WEST

SJS - COL -> SJS in 5
CHI - NSH -> CHI in 6
VAN - LAK -> VAN in 6
PHX - DET -> DET in 6

WSH - PIT -> WSH 6
BUF - NJD -> NJD 6

SJS - DET -> DET in 6
CHI - VAN -> VAN in 7

WSH - NJD -> WSH in 7
DET - VAN -> VAN in 6

WSH - VAN -> WSH in 7

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vancouver just does not impress me this year. Its san jose year.... Ive said that 4 years in a row.

james_gsx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
vancouver just does not impress me this year. Its san jose year.... Ive said that 4 years in a row.

I would agree, but I think their first two lines could tear apart Niemi and I don't think Detroit can return to the cup 3 years in a row. I don't necessarily think Vancouver is the best, but given the matchups I had and the way playoff games are played, I think they were the proper teams to pick in those situations.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
So who wins the Hart? Because the Henrik - Ovy thing is out the window, Ovechkin finished 3rd in points and 3rd in goals. I see the finalists as Henrik, Crosby and Ryan Miller. I would like to see Henrik win, obviously, but realistically Crosby seems like the most likely candidate in terms of the yearly east coast bias.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
has anyone ever told barry melrose "hey, your brain looks and fits like ****".

fixed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads