• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear SF Hockey Fans, Please fill out my short survey for a project I'm doing...LINK

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Dear SF Hockey Fans, Please fill out my short survey for a project I'm doing...LINK
Done. (I went to the Oilers game tonight against the Hawks; the first 40 minutes was men against boys. It was sad.)

james_gsx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Done.

(I went to the Oilers game tonight against the Hawks; the first 40 minutes was men against boys. It was sad.)

Don't you guys have Eberle? Or am I thinking of someone else? If you tank and pick up Hall, that could be a deadly line a few years.

We tanked for Duchene, and got lucky with O'Reilly - it's working
laugh.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Done.

(I went to the Oilers game tonight against the Hawks; the first 40 minutes was men against boys. It was sad.)

You guys are gonna get good...but there are a lot of contracts that need to be sorted before that...think Souray will end up in NY? We have no effing toughness on our blueline, but he's so damn old and oft-injured.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, Detroit, Detroit....

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Done.

Thanks. There is no energy at Oiler games anymore...The fans aren't into it, the players aren't into it...it's kind of sad.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed. There were far more sarcastic cheers than genuine cheers last night.

Having gone to a Leafs home game and a few Coyotes home games in the last year, I would say the the energy/compassion was comparable. But that's really not saying much at all.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whats up with my Rangers?

Tortorella is an ass in my mind...he is ruining these young guys like Staal, Girardi, Dubinsky, and Anisimov with his effing head games. How long before he turns his wrath against his favorites (Callahan, Avery, DelZotto) and messes with their heads too. To much young talent on this team to have a guy like that...he has potential to ruin careers. I know Renney's brand of hockey wasn't the most exciting, but the Rangers don't need a team to put assess in the seats like other markets...Renney was developing these kids and we should have never have gotten rid of him...said it all along, now look. Torts comes to bring more offense to an offesively challenged team, and now they wonder why there's no scoring...

Really the problem lies with Sather spending top defensemen money on Redden and Rozival who have been useless, we have no sizeable toughness (our big guys Boyle, Anisimov, Rozival, Staal are not physical, and our most physical guys are small - Avery, Callahan, Dubinsky and Brashear can't find cause of hand issues and old age issues). We need a cleanout here...otherwise it'll be a cycle of win 2, lose 6.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Whats up with my Rangers?

Tortorella is an ass in my mind...he is ruining these young guys like Staal, Girardi, Dubinsky, and Anisimov with his effing head games. How long before he turns his wrath against his favorites (Callahan, Avery, DelZotto) and messes with their heads too. To much young talent on this team to have a guy like that...he has potential to ruin careers. I know Renney's brand of hockey wasn't the most exciting, but the Rangers don't need a team to put assess in the seats like other markets...Renney was developing these kids and we should have never have gotten rid of him...said it all along, now look. Torts comes to bring more offense to an offesively challenged team, and now they wonder why there's no scoring...

Really the problem lies with Sather spending top defensemen money on Redden and Rozival who have been useless, we have no sizeable toughness (our big guys Boyle, Anisimov, Rozival, Staal are not physical, and our most physical guys are small - Avery, Callahan, Dubinsky and Brashear can't find cause of hand issues and old age issues). We need a cleanout here...otherwise it'll be a cycle of win 2, lose 6.

I don't see a whole lot of Rangers games -- only when they're on Versus, or when they play the Wild -- but what I've seen as being a real problem has been in their own end. There's been some really, really inconsistent defensive play, with lots of turnovers and breakdowns, and even times when it appeared the D didn't really know what was going on or who should be where. Of course, their lack of scoring certainly doesn't help in the least.

(As a related aside, isn't it ironic that Gabby left Minnesota for a team with higher scoring?)

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher

(As a related aside, isn't it ironic that Gabby left Minnesota for a team with higher scoring?)

LOL, yea. I really hated all the money they committed to him (a guy oft injured) as having not seem too much of him, didn't think he was worth it (even after seeing his 5 goal game)...but now...the guy is just special. Worth every dollar. He will break out of the slump, just a natural goal scorer and odffesively talented player.

Renney had our defense tops in the league. Now, everyone is so scared to make a mistake, the don't commit to anything, for fear of doing the wrong thing and upsetting the volatile coach.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
LOL, yea. I really hated all the money they committed to him (a guy oft injured) as having not seem too much of him, didn't think he was worth it (even after seeing his 5 goal game)...but now...the guy is just special. Worth every dollar. He will break out of the slump, just a natural goal scorer and odffesively talented player.

Oh, I would love for him to have stayed in Minnesota, but he was injured so often AND so expensive that I wouldn't have kept him either. But he has some of the best hands in the game, easily.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like what he's doing...Phaneuf, when happy, is GREAT. I know the fans loved Colin White, but Jason Blake, Vessa Toskala, Matt Stajan, and the other guy are so overrated...you got a good goalie and a GREAT defenseman...you'll also love Freddy Shoes. We really miss him in NY...I mean, don't get me wrong, he is frustrating cause he creates soooo much with his speed, and he can't score in a whore house with a fistful of 50's, but if you keep your expectations grounded (good pker, great team guy) he'll be a fan favorite.

When are my Rangers gonna make some changes, or is no one going to deal with Sather.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
burkey is crazy

I don't know what to say.

JS/Dion sucked recently - possibly due to external factors.

If JS and Dion play well and Toronto acquires some forwards, Burke's done the bulk of the rebuild in 2 moves.

On the other hand, it might just be that the Dion and JS suck now ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads