• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I’ve been on that bronco a time or two

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Board of Supervisors is too busy throwing tantrums over Caltrain governance to worry about the cratering of the unique businesses and organizations which they claim to love and want to protect from the predations of formula retail.

Another factor that I can't blame those dolts for is the car-first bias of CalDOT regulations which make it really difficult to remake the streets of the city to meet the needs of the people.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Counterpoint, our friends have spent a few years renovating this house if you want to stay in the city!

Honestly, that's the problem with San Francisco. Billionaires Row needs to be demolished for condos.

sfo423

Reaction score
That place was the epitome of a DR and how a very small minority can hold up a project (and not even a large multifamily project). One neighbor in particular.

C'est la vie (SF style)

Counterpoint, our friends have spent a few years renovating this house if you want to stay in the city!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like to eat out (an accounting of my pre-2020 expenditures would more than support this assertion), but I just don't get the appeal under the current circumstances.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We have so far managed to avoid an outage, but it seems likely we will get one before the night is out

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
We have so far managed to avoid an outage, but it seems likely we will get one before the night is out

I thought the City was exempt from these. It’s not about saving power, it’s about shutting down transmission lines in high risk areas.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
r/sanfrancisco had reports of outages elsewhere in the city, and my wife got an SF.gov alert on her phone warning of outages. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
It’s a dinky little outage in the Richmond:

18DBFA53-BEDB-4FB0-AF42-9E608A0B1708.png

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the City was exempt from these. It’s not about saving power, it’s about shutting down transmission lines in high risk areas.
Wasn't a safety shutdown. Grid overload because it got hot. In no way predictable, obviously. :rolleyes:

We were out from 6:00 to 10:00.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hide:

04613BCF-549B-49FB-93A6-274EE7A578C4.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads