• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not to interrupt the lovefest, but 3822 miles later this is my sky.

lefty

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:slayer:

Surprisingly few graffiti on those roof tanks.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I may have been in that building.

I never know if you're serious or have a Catskillish Myron Cohen sense of humour.
Temporary digs or a change of plans?

Temp corp housing, but too small after our beautiful SanFo apt. Already looking for another.

Washington was humbling. Had mere hours so taxied to the Lincoln Memorial, which was possibly the greatest monument to a man I've ever seen. The nuance of the sculpture, the overwhelming weight of the structure, and the power of the speeches will stick with me for a long time. I kept glancing back at the building as we made our was down the mall to the hill.

The Vietnam Vet memorial was equally powerful, but in a way that is much more subtle. As you descend into the piece the depth of the sacrifice of these men and women begins to creep up on you until you're buried along with them facing your reflection in the polished granite.

Then onto the WW2 tribute which is an utter disaster of a memorial/sculpture/tribute. A 12-year-old child could have done a better job. However, there were a few dozen aged soldiers hobbling to the place and time that defined them and possibly their nation. Bent, crippled and chair bound, these remnants of the greatest generation nonetheless stood tall one more time. Brought my wife and me to tears.

Needed an emotional break so hit the the Smith A&S Museum. Jesus Christ ... the Spirit of St Louis, Apollo 11 capsule, lunar module and a SS20 are in the lobby.

That was pretty cool. Can't wait to go back.

lefty

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Temp corp housing, but too small after our beautiful SanFo apt. Already looking for another.

Washington was humbling. Had mere hours so taxied to the Lincoln Memorial, which was possibly the greatest monument to a man I've ever seen. The nuance of the sculpture, the overwhelming weight of the structure, and the power of the speeches will stick with me for a long time. I kept glancing back at the building as we made our was down the mall to the hill.

The Vietnam Vet memorial was equally powerful, but in a way that is much more subtle. As you descend into the piece the depth of the sacrifice of these men and women begins to creep up on you until you're buried along with them facing your reflection in the polished granite.

Then onto the WW2 tribute which is an utter disaster of a memorial/sculpture/tribute. A 12-year-old child could have done a better job. However, there were a few dozen aged soldiers hobbling to the place and time that defined them and possibly their nation. Bent, crippled and chair bound, these remnants of the greatest generation nonetheless stood tall one more time. Brought my wife and me to tears.

Needed an emotional break so hit the the Smith A&S Museum. Jesus Christ ... the Spirit of St Louis, Apollo 11 capsule, lunar module and a SS20 are in the lobby. 

lefty

i was considering stopping in DC this holiday season and you just sealed the deal for me with this. thanks.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

I never know if you're serious or have a Catskillish Myron Cohen sense of humour.

Both, but I am being serious. The view looks very much like the one at my cousins old place in Chelsea.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i was considering stopping in DC this holiday season and you just sealed the deal for me with this. thanks.

Seriously worth it. Others can tell you how many days but I would guess at least two.

Man that makes me look like the asshole between the two cheeks of America. I've been called worse.

Both, but I am being serious. The view looks very much like the one at my cousins old place in Chelsea.

24th and 7th. 17th floor facing east. Did he hide any pot?

lefty

Last edited:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Vietnam Vet memorial was equally powerful, but in a way that is much more subtle. As you descend into the piece the depth of the sacrifice of these men and women begins to creep up on you until you're buried along with them facing your reflection in the polished granite.

lefty

Sounds like your first time in DC.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. And as an expat I didn't think it would affect me so.

This trip gave me a better appreciation of America.

lefty

Thor

Reaction score

Man that makes me look like the asshole between the two cheeks of America.

I rarely laugh out loud at things I read on the interweb...but that made me do it...

Welcome back to NYC...I am sure its lovely this time of year :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads