1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I think I hate San Francisco.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lefty, Nov 7, 2010.

1. lefty

lefty Senior member

Thanks for that.

One of the things I love about LA is that you can get a really cool two bedroom house with just the right amount of space for a couple.

lefty

2. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

then I loved LA's communes

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like LA. If I could get a guarantee that that my work would be near my home, I would even consider living there. But I can't get that guarantee, and the commute prospects there are terrifying.

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

herb caen was the Grand Inquisitor when it came to "frisco." Once he died, it's possible the masses began to lose their fear.

5. Manton

BTW, WRT the map of LA, if you ever want to see the trashiest white trash in the USA, pay a visit to Sunland.

6. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

LA is a state of mind. It takes in everything from Disneyland to Malibu which, come to think of it, maybe aren't that far apart after all.

And LA has much better songs.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Sushi Sam in San Mateo? I ate a lot of sushi while I was in Southern California. Sushi Sam finally lived up to my expectations but note it is also pricey. The fatty tuna was delicious! Friend who lives in south SF brought me.

8. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    [​IMG]
    Waterfront property to avoid a commute to Los Angeles

All is needed is a shopping cart and a laptop . . . and you're ready for work:
    [​IMG]

9. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

10. sugarbutch

What, precisely, is your complaint?

11. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Cloth seats.
    No way to know what the stop is until it is verbally announced.
    No exterior visual of what the train was.

Just really subpar.

Perhaps the bus will be better, I've seen some good videos.

12. sugarbutch

Yeah, pretty much. You'll fit right in here. Well, except for your optimism about the bus. It makes BART seem like first-class transportation.

1 person likes this.
  13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

BART could be a little more user friendly. Only way to tell which train you are boarding is to look at the screen. On departing, which station you are at is not clearly visible. After you ride a couple times it becomes second nature, but the first few rides could be improved. BART has already begun switching some seats over to plastic covers.

MUNI sucks.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  14. yierlidds

yierlidds Member

I love san francisco.

15. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I've learned to distinguish my BART station from the one prior by the color of the wall tiles, otherwise they are nearly indistinguishable, and the signage sucks donkey balls

16. sugarbutch

They finally added some lights above the signs in some stations so that they're at least visible through the gloom of the dirty, tinted windows.

In other news, I took my 22-y.o. cousin around the city today while he was here on a 12-hour layover on his way to NZ. Beautiful and sunny on the Embarcadero, and he quite enjoyed himself.

17. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I really hope this turns out to be true so that I can lord it over all my fawningly tolerant Bay Area people.

http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2013/...-jones-tweets-that-a-fan-threw-banana-at-him/

18. sugarbutch

I don't think any of the fawningly tolerant Bay Area people would suggest there aren't racist fucks in the Bay Area. In fact, they'd probably argue that there are more than you'd say there are.

If you're looking for Giants-oriented irony, you need to find some SF fans beating up a Dodger fan in the parking lot after a game. Unlikely to happen, though, since most Giants fans seem to leave before the game is over...

19. Manton

giants and dodger fans have switched places almost perfectly since the 80s. In the Steve Garvey era, the dodgers won, the fans left early and they were all sissy yuppies. Whereas at candlestick the fans (all 2,000 of them) were all white trash with handlebar staches, stayed til the end of every game even though the giants always lost, in order to drink more beer and get in more fights.

20. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Pretty much.